Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 05:07 AM   #1
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
10" + front light + pen + no glass - what's available?

Hi there,

I was thinking about upgrading from my current Onyx N96ML and almost decided about BOOX Note but then it turned out it has no front light, bummer!

Do you know if there is any Onyx device with the following spec, they are all must haves:

* ~10"
* front light
* pen
* no glass
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #2
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
The Note Pro has a front light but it has a glass-based screen. It is quiet weired that Onyx Boox has not launched such kind of product yet.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Hi there,

I was thinking about upgrading from my current Onyx N96ML and almost decided about BOOX Note but then it turned out it has no front light, bummer!

Do you know if there is any Onyx device with the following spec, they are all must haves:

* ~10"
* front light
* pen
* no glass
You can't have light and no glass. It was mentioned thousand times here.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:19 PM   #4
Luminose
Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Why wouldn’t you want a glass screen?
Luminose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:52 AM   #5
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
I suppose I need to clarify things a little. You have the backplane which can be glass or plastic, you have the eink layer that may be supplied with either type of the backplane, and now you also may have a flush screen that I believe has glass top layer (I doubt it's sapphire or diamond ) that makes the screens scratch proof.

My N96 comes with glass backplane and plastic top layer. I would rather go glass free and have something lighter and less fragile but as fgdas said no such thing exists if you want light as well, which I do. So this has to be glass but I don't need the glass top layer.

BOOX Note Pro has that glass top layer and comes with light. Light is an absolute must, I guess I could sacrifice the no glass requirement to get light. Are they the only options I have then, either the new (expensive, €600) BOOX Note Pro or my old N96ML (€400 when I bought it)?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I am not sure but it could be that the glass is required for the Onyx Boox Note Pro because unlike N96ML which has light and pen touch only, the Note pro has three: light, pen touch, and capacitive touch. Remember that N96 has three different variant: N96 (no light, but pen and capacitive touch), N96ML (light and pen touch), and N96C (light and capacitive touch).
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote