Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
tmendes
tmendes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Device died after running out of battery

Hi,

I have a Kobo Glo, which was working perfectly until a few weeks ago.

I was using it, noticed that the battery was running low, but kept using it, until it shut off. Then I recharged it (many many times since that happened), but it never worked again. I'm able to turn on the light (so battery is still working), but nothing shows in the screen. I can see something very faded there, but I can't even identify what's written.

I tried soft reset, hard reset, ran fsck on all its partitions, spoke with Kobo, which asked me to send it to "Livraria Cultura" (Kobo's reseller in Brazil), but they said they wouldn't fix it, and sent it back to me.

I didn't drop it or anything. It looks like a software problem, but as nothing shows in the screen, might (also?) be a hardware problem. But how can I be sure? I can try changing its screen, but I doubt it will fix anything (as I didn't drop it, it just ran out of battery, so it doesn't make sense that this would break something on the hardware level).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
tmendes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So you tried this ?
https://koboproblems.wordpress.com/2...omment-page-1/
BloodRagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
tmendes
tmendes began at the beginning.

Many, many times.
tmendes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you can turn the light off and on with the button, then the device must have booted successfully. So I think most likely the screen is broken.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote