Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #166
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My latest order: placed at 2:30-ish on Friday, May 18th. An "Amazon's Choice" item. Prime-eligible, in stock, ships from and sold by Amazon.com

"Free Delivery by Tuesday." Did not say anything about Free 2-day or 1-day delivery, merely "free by Tuesday." Guaranteed delivery date of Tuesday, May 22.

Seems a bit long, but the weekend is involved (even though I've often seen Saturdays treated like any other shipping day in the past), but it's not unreasonable. I ordered in the afternoon afterall. We'll see.
No shipment notification yet. And when I browse Amazon, I'm still seeing "Free Delivery by Tuesday" on most things. This tells me two things:
1) My order will not ship until Monday
2) The USPS (with Saturday shipping) is no longer being used in my area

I've noticed that UPS has delivered my recent Amazon orders, but I was hoping it was merely a temporary thing. The USPS direct from an Amazon fulfillment center was definitely more efficient (and timely) in my particular area.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #167
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
No shipment notification yet. And when I browse Amazon, I'm still seeing "Free Delivery by Tuesday" on most things. This tells me two things:
1) My order will not ship until Monday
2) The USPS (with Saturday shipping) is no longer being used in my area

I've noticed that UPS has delivered my recent Amazon orders, but I was hoping it was merely a temporary thing. The USPS direct from an Amazon fulfillment center was definitely more efficient (and timely) in my particular area.
It's the opposite for me, although the USPS is better now than they were. If UPS is the delivery service, then it will be on time, or maybe a day early. If the USPS is the service, it's usually on time. If Fedex is the service, it's a crap shoot.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #168
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My latest order: placed at 2:30-ish on Friday, May 18th. An "Amazon's Choice" item. Prime-eligible, in stock, ships from and sold by Amazon.com

"Free Delivery by Tuesday." Did not say anything about Free 2-day or 1-day delivery, merely "free by Tuesday." Guaranteed delivery date of Tuesday, May 22.

Seems a bit long, but the weekend is involved (even though I've often seen Saturdays treated like any other shipping day in the past), but it's not unreasonable. I ordered in the afternoon afterall. We'll see.
Just got the notification that my order shipped. It says it will be delivered Wednesday. Note the complete non-acknowledgement of the fact that Wednesday is not actually Tuesday.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-20-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #169
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just ordered a Prime same-day delivery item this morning, for the first time.
It didn't show up.

I just got yet another free month of Prime because of it, but I had to contact Amazon twice because the first CSR I got was utterly unhelpful.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:12 AM   #170
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
My ordered was "delivered" today by AMZL except it wasn't at the door of the apt of a gated apt complex. Coincidentally, I checked the tracking about 5 minutes after the registered time of delivery. Naturally went the chat route to make a complaint even tho it probably will show up tomorrow.

The 1st time I did not get my delivery as stated in the tracking, it was due to an error by the USPS since the order was delivered very early in the morning prior to the commute hours & prior to where the PO does not deliver the mail here until around 5:00 PM. Did the chat route & was "assured" that it won't happen again since that it was a mistake in scanning.

Usually I do not have any problems with USPS but UPS uses stupid excuses for not delivering like "can not find the address" even tho they had delivered another order the day before.

Anyway, with gated entries, the "by 8 or 9 PM" doesn't work for some places. And deliveries to some apt complexes would be made at the manager's office instead of the apt's door.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #171
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
I've always been a staunch defender of Amazon's service, but my two-day Prime shipping service has absolutely tanked since I last sang its praises in this thread. I mean tanked. Unacceptable delivery estimates; missing those same delivery estimates (an average of 5-6 days on Prime eligible orders fulfilled by Amazon); lost packages; packages that were delivered (late), but still show in my account as undelivered; unavailable tracking info, etc... .
I wonder if this is some sort of regional thing? My Prime service continues to be first rate. Maybe those who are experiencing this need to explain to Amazon why their Prime renewal is not a sure thing at this point. If enough people did that, maybe it would trigger an internal investigation by the big "A"
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:54 AM   #172
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
And deliveries to some apt complexes would be made at the manager's office instead of the apt's door.
I used to live in Jacksonville,Florida. It's kind of a "high-ish" crime area, far from the worst, but certainly not ideal. The only practical way to accept parcel delivery was for the apartment complex manager to accept all parcel deliveries.

If I had to move out of my home and back into such a complex, I would avoid any that didn't offer parcel acceptance service at the manager's office.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #173
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I wonder if this is some sort of regional thing? My Prime service continues to be first rate. Maybe those who are experiencing this need to explain to Amazon why their Prime renewal is not a sure thing at this point. If enough people did that, maybe it would trigger an internal investigation by the big "A"
I believe you're probably right (about it being regional). As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't understand why others were complaining when my service was absolutely stellar for so many years. Then my service suddenly tanked and I "got it."

I don't know what went wrong in my area, but something sure did. I've let them know (with every order that fails to meet past levels of service) that if there's no improvement in my Prime shipping service by my renewal date, that I will have to seriously consider dropping my membership.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #174
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I finally seemed to break through into rarified air. This is the most recent response to my complaints:

Quote:
Hello,

I've reviewed your comment and see that you are facing the issue of delayed orders even after paying for prime membership which is unfortunate and disappointing.

I completely understand the reason why you are so upset and if I were in your position, I would be asking the same questions you are asking right now.

As an online retailer, We are heavily dependent on the carriers to deliver our packages, In spite of so much accuracy in delivering the packages, Some unavoidable missteps happen.

I have forwarded this issue to our shipping team in the fulfillment center, they will look into this and sort it out so that you won't face the same issue again.

I assure you that We will investigate the delays, However we will not be able to share the outcome of the investigation as this is an internal probe.

I also request you to share the info regarding the carrier which caused the most delays, We will make that carrier a less priority for your future orders.

I've contacted the UPS carrier on your behalf and asked them to deliver the package at the earliest.

They informed me that the package will be delivered to you by tomorrow.
The bolded part (by me) is of particular interest. This is the first time anyone has offered me even a tiny bit of influence over carrier prioritization. Whether or not he's just blowing smoke remains to be seen, of course.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #175
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Got my "same-day" delivery from yesterday a few minutes ago. I'm glad this at least wasn't another "we have no idea what happened to your package" Amazon Logistics issues. Just plain over-promising.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #176
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
I finally seemed to break through into rarified air. This is the most recent response to my complaints:

The bolded part (by me) is of particular interest. This is the first time anyone has offered me even a tiny bit of influence over carrier prioritization. Whether or not he's just blowing smoke remains to be seen, of course.
Wow. I'm impressed. Got to wonder if they have been feeling the heat.

I got a notice from UPS that I'm suppose to have a package delivered tomorrow. The only possibility is the order that I put in Friday. It's the basic time frame that I would expect for a package from NY, so I have my fingers crossed.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:01 PM   #177
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:

Diap:

I do NOT mean to rain on your parade, but as of two YEARS ago, I was never supposed to have USPS service. Allegedly, there's some notation on my account. Yer, right. I've never seen one iota of difference, and it's been promised to me TWICE.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:38 PM   #178
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Diap:

I do NOT mean to rain on your parade, but as of two YEARS ago, I was never supposed to have USPS service. Allegedly, there's some notation on my account. Yer, right. I've never seen one iota of difference, and it's been promised to me TWICE.

Hitch
Oh, don't worry. I've learned to temper my enthusiasm in these situations. I was just happy to see a well thought-out, totally human response to several of my pointed questions/demands.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #179
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Oh, don't worry. I've learned to temper my enthusiasm in these situations. I was just happy to see a well thought-out, totally human response to several of my pointed questions/demands.
Understandably so.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #180
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
It doesn't matter who the carrier is for me when Amazon waits 5 to 8 or more days before even shipping the item.

I don't have Prime, but it used to be they would ship the item within a few days. But they haven't done so in two or three years.

I had to laugh as I ordered something from England earlier this month that arrived before an Amazon order I placed the same day.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote