Old 01-25-2018, 12:16 AM   #1
TrempsPerdu
TrempsPerdu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
cannot import library backup help!

Hi,

I'm trying to import from a library backup and get this error message

calibre, version 3.15.0
ERROR: Not valid: The folder /home/curt/Documents/library backup 1-23-2018 is not valid: The exported data in part-0015.calibre-data is not valid, version (837539839) is higher than maximum supported version. You might need to upgrade calibre first.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/exim.py", line 257, in select_import_folder
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/exim.py", line 256, in __init__
ValueError: The exported data in part-0015.calibre-data is not valid, version (837539839) is higher than maximum supported version. You might need to upgrade calibre first.

I've tried downloading and installing the latest windows and linux versions and both return this error.

Is there a way to extract the individual archives and recover the books instead?

I'd really appreciate any help
TrempsPerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates the archives are corrupted, they have probably been damaged in transit. There's no way to recover them, but if you also have a backup of the library fodlers, you can atleast restore those directly, see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another (the note part tells you how to manually restore library folder backups if import/export does not work).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #3
TrempsPerdu
TrempsPerdu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Was afraid of that. Think I have an older backup.

Thanks much for the quick response
TrempsPerdu is offline   Reply With Quote