Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
User Guide Needed

I recently got a PRS-T3 from a ebay seller and note that memory was completely cleared including the original user guide. Any members have the file in the original reader format, which I presume is an Epub rather than the downloadable PDF Sony currently has available. Thanks in advance.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I recently got a PRS-T3 from a ebay seller and note that memory was completely cleared including the original user guide. Any members have the file in the original reader format, which I presume is an Epub rather than the downloadable PDF Sony currently has available. Thanks in advance.
I was able to find T1 and T2 ePub manuals (in various languages) in the cache of an Italian site, but so far I can't find any T3s.

It would help if I knew the file name to look for. My T2's manual has this ...

CBUK125EP00A105S.EPUB

... as its name. The T1 also has the CBxx125 ... name.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Deleted.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-31-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Sorry didn't read first post well enough.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
No EPUB, but there's a link to a PDF on the Sony site PRS-T3 Support page.
I think he's trying to find the ePub User Manual that originally came with the T3 – I'm guessing the T3 came with an ePub Manual like the T1 and T2 did. I don't know why Sony seems to make these so hard to find.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:52 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The original T3 manual is PDF. There never was an ePub manual.

https://docs.sony.com/release/prst3.pdf

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-31-2017 at 08:55 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:55 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I have it but I don't know how to share it.

The file name is CBGB125EP00A1123 but googling this didn't turn up anything online.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:00 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I have it but I don't know how to share it.

The file name is CBGB125EP00A1123 but googling this didn't turn up anything online.
For the T1, I copied it from the device to my desktop, and then uploaded it here. Can you not do the same?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:04 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do I upload it?
Old 12-31-2017, 11:19 PM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Sony PRS T3 User Manual

I hope this works. I think the user manual is attached. It's dated 2013, and is an ePub.
Attached Files
File Type: epub User Guide - Sony Corporation.epub (1.51 MB, 176 views)
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:24 PM   #10
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
How do I upload it?
I have it in calibre, and
- saved it to a folder on my desktop
- started a new reply to thread
- went to advanced and then manage attachments, and selected the file and uploaded it.

Let me know if you need more details and I'll provide them.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:30 PM   #11
4691mls
Wizard

I guess I had never scrolled down in Advanced to see that there was an attachments section. Will try it.
Attached Files
File Type: epub CBGB125EP00A1123.epub (1.49 MB, 193 views)
Old 01-01-2018, 05:00 AM   #12
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The original T3 manual is PDF. There never was an ePub manual.

https://docs.sony.com/release/prst3.pdf

Are you sure? The current downloadable T1 and T2 manuals are PDF too but the version that originally came with the readers was a Epub I believe. I installed one of the PDF manuals in a T series reader and the performance was totally unacceptable. The current PDF T3 manual I found on the Sony support site states it is for the Russian version reader. The T3 was never sold in North America and the latest firmware does not include support for the Kobo North America store access.

Last edited by Richwood; 01-01-2018 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:09 AM   #13
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I was able to find T1 and T2 ePub manuals (in various languages) in the cache of an Italian site, but so far I can't find any T3s.

It would help if I knew the file name to look for. My T2's manual has this ...

CBUK125EP00A105S.EPUB

... as its name. The T1 also has the CBxx125 ... name.
As I do not have the T3 Epub manual I do not know the name. As is I can sideload Epub books to all the T series Sony readers. Be nice though if I could find the correct original manual.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:27 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
As I do not have the T3 Epub manual I do not know the name. As is I can sideload Epub books to all the T series Sony readers. Be nice though if I could find the correct original manual.
As you've probably seen, the ePub manual been linked for download (two links, actually). I've downloaded both just in case the issue comes up again. I doubt that I'll ever (personally) own a T3. (I don't know if there's a difference between the two files or not.)

Last edited by rcentros; 01-01-2018 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:52 AM   #15
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Both the T3 User's Guide Epub manuals posted by 4691mls and AlexBell downloaded great and opened with the Epub reader program I looked at them with. Thanks. Both are basically 1.5 MB in size while the PRS-T3 PDF manual downloadable from Sony is 12.7 MB. One hell of a size difference. Looks to me like the PDF file is designed to be printed out for those who want a printed copy of the manual or opened and read on a computer screen.

To me all software manuals for devices such as e-readers and tablets should be installed in non-volatile memory rather than being readily erased along with user ebooks.

Last edited by Richwood; 01-01-2018 at 06:01 AM.