Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
Frenchguy
Enthusiast
Frenchguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Error message while editing an epub

Hello,

I was editing an epub file and lauched the code inspector.

As the inspection never stopped, I finally closed the editor but when I wanted to edit again this ebook, I got this error message :

Quote:
calibre, version 3.10.0
ERREUR : Erreur lors de l'ouverture du livre: Erreur lors de l'ouverture du livre. Cliquer sur le bouton "Afficher les détails" pour plus d'information.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\job.py", line 35, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\boss.py", line 59, in get_container
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1489, in get_container
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1147, in __init__
InvalidEpub: No META-INF/container.xml in epub
What can I do to solve that problem?

By the way i don't understand why the message refers to a "polish" directory since the ebook had nothing to do with that language.

Thanks for your help
Frenchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's not Polish as in the language. It's polish as in the Calibre feature.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
Frenchguy
Enthusiast

I used a backup of my epub file to resume my work but I would like to now if there was a way to solve that problem.

New problem with the back up : When I use the tags <a>...</a> to insert a link, liks are no longer suggested when I start writing them. I don't know whether it's linked to the 1st problem or not.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchguy View Post
I used a backup of my epub file to resume my work but I would like to now if there was a way to solve that problem.

New problem with the back up : When I use the tags <a>...</a> to insert a link, liks are no longer suggested when I start writing them. I don't know whether it's linked to the 1st problem or not.
I would Uninstall Calibre (it does not touch libraries), then get a fresh download and install that.

Your Polish settings are probably corrupt. Try setting them again
Click the polish icon (whisk broom ) icon in the man GUI: Select options: Click SAVE Settings
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
Frenchguy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I would Uninstall Calibre (it does not touch libraries), then get a fresh download and install that.

Your Polish settings are probably corrupt. Try setting them again
Click the polish icon (whisk broom ) icon in the man GUI: Select options: Click SAVE Settings
Thanks but I don't understand what are the "polish settings"

After closing and reopening Calibre the <a><a/> issue disappeared.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchguy View Post
Thanks but I don't understand what are the "polish settings"

After closing and reopening Calibre the <a><a/> issue disappeared.
Settings are your choices presented when you start to Polish
Save, just makes the current choice the default. Do once .
then, the next times, you just click OK to proceed to 'Polish'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:47 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@FrenchGuy - 'polish' as is 'polir', not 'polish' as in 'polonais'

It's the word Kovid uses for 'cleaning, tidying, finishing...'. Might play a role in 'beautifying', there's an auto-beautify setting in the Edit preferences.

Kovid was able to reuse a lot of his existing code when developing the editor - one of the reasons he produced as quick as he did - apart from the fact that it was, according to him, 'fun' to do.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-01-2017 at 03:53 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote