Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 02:41 AM   #31
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
The errors were fixed with no problem after I reopened the program, with no error message.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #32
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's an error I just received. I believe it happened while saving a 20.3MB file with about 48 epub files merged into it. I went to the kitchen after hitting F9 to save the file, and this was on my monitor when I came back, so I can't quite remember what I did before I hit F9.

calibre, version 3.10.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>XMLSyntaxError</b>:None (line 0)

calibre 3.10 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.16299-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.16299')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.16299', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\boss.py", line 71, in ans
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\boss.py", line 1257, in fix_requested
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\check.py", line 229, in fix_errors
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\check.py", line 210, in run_checks
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\check\main.py", line 75, in run_checks
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\check\links.py" , line 249, in check_mimetypes
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 152, in guess_type
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 635, in opf_version_parsed
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 628, in opf_version
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 522, in opf_xpath
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 612, in opf
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 595, in parsed
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 567, in parse
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 197, in parse_xml
File "src/lxml/lxml.etree.pyx", line 3228, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:79609)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1848, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:119128)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1729, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:117686)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1063, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:111673)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 595, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:105896)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 706, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:107604)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 646, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:106750)
XMLSyntaxError: None (line 0)
Old 10-21-2017, 05:21 PM   #33
deback
Book E d i t o r

Then I clicked OK and got this:

calibre, version 3.10.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>MemoryError</b>:

calibre 3.10 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.16299-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.16299')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.16299', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\syntax\bas e.py", line 158, in do_one_block
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\syntax\bas e.py", line 218, in parse_single_block
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\syntax\bas e.py", line 29, in run_loop
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\syntax\htm l.py", line 387, in normal
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\editor\syntax\htm l.py", line 324, in process_text
File "site-packages\calibre\spell\dictionary.py", line 380, in recognized
MemoryError

Looks like I need to exit out of Calibre much more often (and probably restart the computer) to get rid of these memory errors that I get every day when I've used Calibre all day long.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #34
deback
Book E d i t o r

I just remembered what I was doing before going into the kitchen. I had clicked on the "Fix errors" in Check Book, so it wasn't during a Save. This type of crash happens very often when I'm fixing errors after checking the book for errors.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #35
deback
Book E d i t o r

I wanted to post an update about my computer. I've been using a new user account that I set up a few months ago (had forgotten about it) and finished most of the the configuration in the last two days. I've had no memory errors so far. When I couldn't uninstall or install Calibre with my regular user account, and then I discovered I could install and uninstall with this new user account, I finally realized there is a corruption in the user account I've used for many years. It was time to start using a new user account.

You were right, BetterRed. I believe the problems I had were all related to a corrupt user account (and possibly another problem(s) with Windows 10). It appears that the Windows 10 (Creators version) repair installation and the new user account have fixed the problems I had (except for the Seagate Expansion hard drive that got trashed during the repair installation, and I had to reformat it, losing all the files that were on it---Note to anyone doing a repair installation: Disconnect any Seagate external hard drives before you start the installation, and also, turn off your firewall, which will speed up the installation).

Thank you all for your help!