Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #1
reader0x77
reader0x77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd Gen.
Stuck in advanced mode of news recipe

Hi,

I somehow got stuck in the advanced mode of the news recipe window, and I don't find an answer to that problem in the manual; that's why I am here.

I was working at my news feeds, adding new entries with rss-urls, then I clicked on the advanced mode, the window with the program code opened.

Since then, I can't get back to the original window without program code! I'd like to change entries, add something, but I'm not used to write program code myself; I in fact cannot work in the advanced mode.

When I reopen the window by "Add a custom news source" (or change one), then I can cklick on my single existing scheme to change it - and I'm back in the advanced mode, and I don't see any way to get to the simple mode.

I hope I could explain my problem somehow understandable ...

Thank you for any advice and help!

P.S.: I installed a new version of calibre just this morning ... I hope my problem is not the result of a flaw in this new version.

Last edited by reader0x77; 10-06-2017 at 08:36 AM.
reader0x77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot go back to simple mode. There is no reliable way to convert an advanced mode recipe into a simple mode recipe. You'll have to create a new recipe and re-add your feeds.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
reader0x77

Thank you, kovidgoyal, for your information.

What I still do not understand: I didn't do anything in the advanced mode! I don't remember having changed anything there, just clicked on "advances mode" to realize that I couldn't use it and that I wanted to go back ...

So I think it really should be possible to go back.

Or did I unintentionally press the space bar or so without noticing it, then, of course, saving, while I was in the advanced mode? Hmmm...

Anyway, I know now how I can fix the problem, but it will be some work ...

Last edited by reader0x77; 10-06-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you click cancel it will take you back to basic mode the next time. If you click save it will not.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
reader0x77

so, even if I didn't change a single bit, clicking in save will make impossible to go back to simple mode?

In that case there should be a warning before activating the advanced mode ...

Anyway, thank you for creating and programming calibre! Its a unique program, there's nothing to compare, and I really like it, even if some features are a bit too advanced for normal users like me.

Last edited by reader0x77; 10-06-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Tags
advanced mode, calibre, feed, rss