Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
Frenchguy
Enthusiast
Frenchguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Crash if too many repairs

I Imported an important html page in a book and had many external links to repair or delete (more than 500).

Automatic repair couldnt' work. The Calibre editor was blocked and crashed few minutes after

I had to delete these links one by one then. I tried again automatic repair every 100 (at 400/ 300/ 200). I am now at 140 and it still crashes.
Frenchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What version of Calibre are you running? 3.8 is the current version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Opena bug report and attach the ebook causing the crash.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:58 AM   #4
Frenchguy
Enthusiast
Frenchguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes it Calibre 3.8. I had the same problem with the portable version

Unfortunately I cannot send any bug report now because all erroneous links are now deleted

When only 50 errors were left, I repaired automatically and it worked. It seems Calibre cannot automatically repair when there are too many errrors.
Frenchguy is offline   Reply With Quote