Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #28921
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The timer has just gone off for tea #3.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #28922
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm waving a bottle of Talisker Storm in your direction! Breathe deeply!
<Breath in> hold <breath out> Repeat as required.

Aaaaahhhhhh.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #28923
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The day that the rains came down
Mother Earth smiled again
Now the lilacs could bloom
Now the fields could grow greener

The fday that the rains came down
Buds were born, love was born
As the young buds will grow
So our young love will grow
Love, sweet love

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3aMf69MwY0 )

Good morning, everyone! Raining so hard I can't even see across the street! I guess I must be in the tropics! Oh well. Another hour or two and the sun will be shinning again! Gotta love it! I have some East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea to drink this morning (on my second mug already) and some street food we picked up last night for breakfast as the Food Lady needed to take today off. I'll get some more photos worked on this morning, do a little plant transplanting, play a little music, and by then the sun should be out and I can go for my walk! Feels as if it's going to be a nice day!

Here's some snaps of the place we stayed the first night of our trip last week. As it was a long drive from where we live to this side of the Kingdom, we didn't arrive until mid afternoon, which was too late to start into the jungle. We found this place, nice air/con room with bath, cable TV, WiFi, and mini-bar, large covered outdoor dining room, and great food. For one night including a large breakfast for the two of us, about $20 USD.
I gave the Head Waiter my teabags, and the next morning when we ordered our breakfast he automatically brought me a LARGE pot of tea, rather than just a cup!

Nice to sit there in the early morning, drinking tea and watching the fish rise in the pond... Very peaceful. As it's really off-season now, we were the ONLY people staying at this resort that night!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #28924
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Milk Oolong and water. No booze for another 8 days (sigh). Actually it is not that big a deal since I don't drink that much but I kind of want beer when I can't have it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #28925
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Awesome Stitchy!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #28926
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First tea of the day.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #28927
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Let Bacchus' sons be not dismayed
But join with me, each jovial blade
Come, drink and sing and lend your aid
To help me with the chorus:

Instead of spa, we'll drink brown ale
And pay the reckoning on the nail;
No man for debt shall go to jail
From Garryowen in glory.

Our hearts so stout have got no fame
For soon 'tis known from whence we came
Where'er we go they fear the name
Of Garryowen in glory.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaPk9yYWQcM )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Wednesday! A good day to be in the middle of the week! I guess they thought of that when they put it here...
I'm drinking unbranded Keemun tea this morning and eating home-made granola with Nuttella (my secrete vice...) and wondering if I should plan out my day or just let it flow. Both usually turn out well. Hmmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Awesome Stitchy!
Thanks, KK! How's the PT coming? Ready to ski the bumps yet? Or will that take another few days? Don't push too hard... It will all come together soon enough with steady work. Perhaps Roller Derby will have to wait a bit longer too... Keep it up. We're pullin' for ya!

Stitchawl
Old 07-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #28928
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
I already have more range of motion than before!

Yes, physical torture is 3 times a week
Old 07-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #28929
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Three times a week sounds like a whole lot of fun.

Milk Oolong in my cup. It has been a while and I have missed it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #28930
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I already have more range of motion than before!

Yes, physical torture is 3 times a week
Excellent. I know it well! Still using a crutch, or have they let you switch to a stick?

Meanwhile, I'm back home and enjoying a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. Peet's Major Dickason's coffee up next.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #28931
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Bombay Sapphire

Stitchawl
Old 07-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #28932
cromag

First tea of the afternoon. Finally!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #28933
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together
If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFyTHc9IgKU )

Good morning, everyone! I'm really hoping that this old Turtles number will drive the Garryowen out of my ears... Ever since yesterday morning I've been marching around with that tune, over and over and over! I'm trying to drown in out today with a mix of PG Tips tea, kimchee, Chinese sausage, and tofu, combined with loud Turtles music, but I don't think it's gonna work...
So here I go to start the day
I'll walk along as far as I may
And see the sights along the way
Chiang Mai in all its glory...

Stitchawl
Old 07-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #28934
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Excellent. I know it well! Still using a crutch, or have they let you switch to a stick?

Meanwhile, I'm back home and enjoying a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. Peet's Major Dickason's coffee up next.
In the house I'm not using any assistance at all. Out and about I use the cane, or if it is uneven footing, the crutches. Staples came out today. Surgeon and physical therapist all very pleased with the progress. I still get incredibly tired when out and about tho. I guess that's part of the healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together
If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFyTHc9IgKU )

Good morning, everyone! I'm really hoping that this old Turtles number will drive the Garryowen out of my ears... Ever since yesterday morning I've been marching around with that tune, over and over and over! I'm trying to drown in out today with a mix of PG Tips tea, kimchee, Chinese sausage, and tofu, combined with loud Turtles music, but I don't think it's gonna work...
So here I go to start the day
I'll walk along as far as I may
And see the sights along the way
Chiang Mai in all its glory...

Stitchawl
Marching around? Are you sure it's not a trot?
Old 07-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #28935
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
In the house I'm not using any assistance at all. Out and about I use the cane, or if it is uneven footing, the crutches. Staples came out today. Surgeon and physical therapist all very pleased with the progress. I still get incredibly tired when out and about tho. I guess that's part of the healing.
Part of the healing. You've just had MAJOR surgery. Plus the drugs don't help. But it sounds like every thing is as it should be.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?