Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Seems I had the update pushed to my PW a couple of days ago, even though I'd already applied it manually. All of a sudden it rebooted and did the update. At least the version '5.3.1' didn't change, don't know about the build number or whatever it is.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Still no improvement for the washed out fonts, only answer you can get from Amazon CS is still "switch to single page refresh"....
I think this is kinda lame since "faster page turns" are supposed to be part of the package...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Still no improvement for the washed out fonts, only answer you can get from Amazon CS is still "switch to single page refresh"....
I think this is kinda lame since "faster page turns" are supposed to be part of the package...
Does it work? If "refresh every page" works for you then just do it. Just take it as trade-off for using e-ink. There is alternatives if all you need is fast refresh (e.g. a tablet).

If they never invented partial refresh, nobody would be complaining.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Has anyone figured out what this update changes?
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I was having occasional issues with the light either not turning on when I opened the cover, or not turning off when I closed it, with the previous firmware. Haven't had that happen since the upgrade.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #21
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
I never got the update, had to manually update

Well I waited long enough, my update never was automatic.

I had to plug in the Paperwhite and download the update, drag the update to the PW, and when I looked at the version it was changed to 5.3.1 without me having to do anything else.

Weird though I never got an automatic update. I have had this PW almost a month.

I noticed I finally am receiving the special offers. Now there are collections I see, I didn't have that before.

Is that all there is?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #22
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Well I waited long enough, my update never was automatic.

I had to plug in the Paperwhite and download the update, drag the update to the PW, and when I looked at the version it was changed to 5.3.1 without me having to do anything else.

Weird though I never got an automatic update. I have had this PW almost a month.

I noticed I finally am receiving the special offers. Now there are collections I see, I didn't have that before.

Is that all there is?
You should have had Collections and Special Offers as soon as you registered your Kindle. No matter if you run on 5.2.0, 5.3.0, or 5.3.1. That you did not have them might indicate that you either were not registered correctly or prior to your manual update the wifi connection was not working right.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
You should have had Collections and Special Offers as soon as you registered your Kindle. No matter if you run on 5.2.0, 5.3.0, or 5.3.1. That you did not have them might indicate that you either were not registered correctly or prior to your manual update the wifi connection was not working right.
I think that was what the update was for wifi. No I did not get the Collections or Special offers. I was registered I bought from Amazon. Same thing happen to the KFHD no Special Offers at first for a month.

I think Amazon release products faster than they could really handle. My opinion.

I had trouble getting wi-fi on the PW, syncing etc.

So it hopefully will be okay now.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I think that was what the update was for wifi. No I did not get the Collections or Special offers. I was registered I bought from Amazon. Same thing happen to the KFHD no Special Offers at first for a month.
That wasn't the case with the Paperwhite. I preordered mine and received it on launch day. The special offers were there from day one.

Quote:
I had trouble getting wi-fi on the PW, syncing etc.
Ah, then yours was a connection issue. The firmware update addressed a number of bugs, including an issue with the light. Sometimes the light would not come on when the kindle was turned on.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmurph View Post
The firmware update addressed a number of bugs, including an issue with the light. Sometimes the light would not come on when the kindle was turned on.
Yes, I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread that I'd experienced that. What was more annoying is that sometimes the light wouldn't go off when the Kindle entered sleep mode. It needed a reboot to make it work correctly again. The update appears to have fixed it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote