Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Question Version: 1.0.681 or 1.1.708 ?

I received my Cybook (512MB) after 97 days!

Great device!

My version:
Model: cybgen310b

Boo Reader:
Version: 1.0 (build 681)

Mobipocket Reader:
Version: 6.0 (build 69)

I ask.

It is better to upgrade to the new version (1.1.708) or continue to version 1.0.681?

junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

First of all congratulations and a big aplause for your persistence.

Version 708 for sure.

Best,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
I don't know really.

There are many things known about version 1.1.685. But I can't find any reference to built 1.0.681.
I really don't believe they are the same, but you can't find many details about built 1.0.681.

Is there someone who can tell what's the difference between 1.1.685 and 1.0.681?

Erwin
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Is there someone who can tell what's the difference between 1.1.685 and 1.0.681
I'm not sure about 681, as I have a 64M model and that version was never available for it. I do know that 685 had a problem with battery life on my Cybook, which was addressed with 708 (even if the drain is slightly faster than with 538).

Besides that fix -- which I'm not sure matters to the newer 512M machines -- 708 adds hyphenation support and can display both author and title while reading. If those are not of interest, I'd stick with 681 if it is working fine.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suspect that 681 has the same power drain issues that 685 had. Probably best to update to 708.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I did the upgrade. Everything happened very well.

Changes that I noticed (until now):

-Mobipocket Reader: Version: 6.0 (build 70). Changed the build of 69 to 70.

-A change which I found odd was the change of PID.

Turn page is not realized any improvement.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:33 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reflashing the firmware certainly should not change the PID!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 AM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Reflashing the firmware certainly should not change the PID!
Of course not. Re-flashing the firmware doesn't change the serial number of the device - so the PID wouldn't change either.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
PIPO
Cybookien
PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PIPO has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
The last firmware without any hesitation.

Regards.
PIPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
I'm not sure about 681, as I have a 64M model and that version was never available for it. I do know that 685 had a problem with battery life on my Cybook, which was addressed with 708 (even if the drain is slightly faster than with 538).
In library mode the drain is double for 708 compared to 538 which I would not call slight.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #11
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
In library mode the drain is double for 708 compared to 538 which I would not call slight.
Yes, I saw your test. I have not done my own. However, I can say that in my normal usage (2-5 hours reading each day) I haven't noticed such a big difference in drain. The difference in 685 vs. 538 was, on the other hand, apparent immediately.

So for me the real-world difference seems slight.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #12
Georgios
Georgios began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
I've rolled back to 538 cause from there on PDF landscape support is almost useless
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It is no longer a coincidence, but after each of the last 4 charges (average 1 week between), I 'lose' all 'last-page' memory. But after a read or two, they come back...(!?).
(3 out of the 4 occasions; battery charged using the charger, on one via PC as I also uploaded a few books).

Last night, after I had finished reading, I set the bookmark in case the last page memory was still playing up...the bookmark would not set...

Geoff
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Could be a memory corruption problem. Do a "chkdsk".
Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Could be a memory corruption problem. Do a "chkdsk".
Ok, I'll give it a try...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote