Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Naanda
Naanda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Question 'safe' SD cards

I just got myself a kobo touch and was thinking of buying an accompanying Sd card. Which Sd cards are known to be 'safe' considering the amount of trouble people have with errors, double tapping, formatting etc?I should also say I have LOTS of ebooks so Ill probably need something 8gb+.

On top of that if I find it slowing down do you recommend deleting image files?
Naanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
The problems only seem to be with cards 8GB or higher. A store-brand 4GB will work fine. At least it does for me. Don't need any larger, anyways, for ereading...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Not sure why this crap keeps getting spouted. It's not the size of the card. If you want a large card 16G+ get a Sandisk, Kingston or Corsair. I've never had problems with these brands. I picked up a16G Sandisk from Costco. Plugged it in, never had a problem with it on my Kobo.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
*shrug* Well, last I'd heard, it was only the larger cards that people were having problems with. My generic 4GB card hasn't had even the slightest problem, so I don't really care much. :P
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
osakanataro
osakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipseosakanataro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch
I used 32GB microSD, Gigastone CLASS4.
osakanataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I bought my wife a 4GB SD card and her Kobo became an unstable mess (i.e. crashing, failing to load books on the card, page turning issues, etc.). I tried the 8 GB card from my Kobo in her Kobo though and it worked fine with the same epubs.

I'd love to know what the "correct" formula is to make sure you get a MicroSD card that works.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Naanda
Naanda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I bought my wife a 4GB SD card and her Kobo became an unstable mess (i.e. crashing, failing to load books on the card, page turning issues, etc.). I tried the 8 GB card from my Kobo in her Kobo though and it worked fine with the same epubs.

I'd love to know what the "correct" formula is to make sure you get a MicroSD card that works.
What brand's the working one out of curiosity?
Naanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, micro sd, sd card, touch