Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I still use 3.5" floppies -- plenty of room for text files and spreadsheets. And they're a pain in the butt for someone looking for unauthorized access.

I still use audio cassettes -- the quickest way to record audio "on the fly." I use them for audio note-taking, not "hi-fi" applications.

I have a couple of minidisc recorders -- I'd still be using them if Sony hadn't designed them to be intentionally frustrating.

We used our video recorder (VHS, not Betamax) just last week -- my daughter was nostalgic for some old videos.
I have a portable Minidisc player and a recording deck. I didn't find it too frustrating to use. I think Sony hurt Minidisc due to how expensive it was (when I first compared DCC and Minidisc, the lowest cost DCC deck cost $400 while the lowest cost Minidisc deck cost $1,000). I waited a long time before a Minidisc deck became affordable to me.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #17
Qbert
Enthusiast
Qbert began at the beginning.

Device: none
A classic in portable gaming!

Nintendo Snoopy Tennis 1982
Qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #18
Qbert
Enthusiast
Qbert began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dusting off my old VHS Risky Business copy made me realise how much the Porsche 928 looked like a squashed Pacer with Miura headlights lol!

Risky Business Clip

Porsche 911SC,928,924

AMC Pacer
Qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #19
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Thanks unfortunatly I had to change it due to a request from the artist the current one is not quite as good. When I was in primary school I got the nickname of melmac due to my love for the show and my laugh being like Alfs. When I needed a nick for Usenet/ICQ in the mid 90s it popped into my head and I've been using it ever since, there is still a lot of love out there for the show as I get comments on it all the time.
Ah good old Alf (Alien Life Form). His actual name was Gordon Shumway if I recall correctly. As I recall Isaac Asimov wrote an article about him in TV Guide. That was back when TV Guide was about the same size as a copy of Reader's Digest magazine. Of course TV's were tuned via VHF (very high frequency) and UHF (ultra high frequency) dials back then too.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #20
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Some one mentioned floppy drives. But do they have a internal drive for those?

Actually I had use for this a few, will maybe five, years ago installing a RAID card. I needed to boot off a floppy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floppy drive.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	131670  
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 08:10 PM   #21
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
DVD, VHS & Betamax heaven

Alas, I got rid of all my VHS tapes and floppies a long time ago. I do however still have quite a few CD games from the 90s.

I even kept a few of the boxes:
Attachment 131674

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-27-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote