Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
ann264
Enthusiast
ann264 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
camera trouble

Hello, I bought a secondhand Pocket Edge. There were a lot of films and pics on it from the previus owner, so I deleted everything. But I think I deleted something to much. When i go to my camera I can see what the camera is seeing, but when I take the picture than al I get is a pink square.
How do I get it right again? Please help me.

ann264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Which version of the firmware do you have? If you are using Dingo and want to upgrade, that will probably fix your camera.

Otherwise I don't know how to do it safely -- but I am not a tech guru!

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
ann264
Enthusiast

camera trouble

Hallo,

How do I see what firmware I have? End how can I update that?
Sound stupid but I'm a rookie.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann264 View Post
Hallo,

How do I see what firmware I have? End how can I update that?
Sound stupid but I'm a rookie.

First, welcome to the forum. To see what firmware you have select Settings --> About eDGe. The information should be listed under Android Version.

Also, how did you delete the pictures? The reason I'm asking is because if you deleted them by normal methods (e.g. through the Library or Gallery App) then you couldn't have accidentally deleted something you should have and may have another issue. Did you use a File Explorer?
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
ann264
Enthusiast

I can see under Firmware 1.6 under Build-number DINGO-1.13
Kernel-versie 2.6.29 buildmaster@zeke#17

I hope you know what this is all about

I deleted my pics by going to gallery, tag and deleted them.

Last edited by ann264; 01-05-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
You have the old version of the operating system. Ideally you should upgrade to Ermine - look in the thread 'Pocket Edge ONLY - Golden Allmine update please test' and download pablob's rc3 version and follow the instructions for updating - read everything about the update carefullybefore you start.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
That will give you another email program, too, which might help with your other problem.

It's a lot of reading to make sure you understand what to do, and you'll see what problems other people had (and mostly solved), which is often as helpful as the basic instructions, I find.

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
ann264
Enthusiast

I read a lot about troubles that I don't want.
I can only download Allmine from the PE, but when I go to the store app, no store is found.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann264 View Post
I read a lot about troubles that I don't want.
I can only download Allmine from the PE, but when I go to the store app, no store is found.
The store app on the PE is linked to the Entourage store which is no longer in existence.

If you upgrade to the PE allmine golden rc3 - following the instructions carefully - you should then get access to the Android market.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
ann264
Enthusiast

I do have access to the Android market already. Can I download the Allmine there?