Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Wordprocessing on Kindle Fire??

I have been wondering something about the Kindle Fire. Is it able to be used for writing? I mean is there an app or the ability to use it for word processing or is it just for books, movies and games? I haven't got one yet and I haven't seen any info. as to if such is possible on the Kindle Fire.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Why not? It is an Android device, and so Android word processing applications are available: OfficeSuite Pro (that's what I have), Google Docs (if you root), Documents to Go, etc. So, it is possible. The question is whether you would want to do word processing on such a small screen with small onscreen keyboard (you can type in landscape to make the keyboard larger).
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Your Fire comes with a "hidden" app called QuickOffice that has a built in document word app and excel like spread sheet app and file manager.

Try that out. If its not good enough then try the other ones like documents to go or etc

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-26-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Your Fire comes with a "hidden" app called QuickOffice that has a built in document word app and excel like spread sheet app and file manager.

Try that out. If its not good enough then try the pairs ones like documents to go or etc
Thanks for the tip. As I said in my initial post I don't have a Kindle Fire yet, but when I do get one I'll keep an eye out for the QuickOffice app.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
Why not? It is an Android device, and so Android word processing applications are available: OfficeSuite Pro (that's what I have), Google Docs (if you root), Documents to Go, etc. So, it is possible. The question is whether you would want to do word processing on such a small screen with small onscreen keyboard (you can type in landscape to make the keyboard larger).
Thanks Osnova. I'll keep that app in mind for when I get a Kindle Fire. I don't know if I would find it possible to do much Word Processing on a KF or not, but if nothing else it would make an easy way to make notes on story ideas while knowing I'd be able to read what I wrote later. lol.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #6
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post

Try that out. If its not good enough then try the other ones like documents to go or etc
Right. I forgot about QuickOffice. However, it ships preinstalled as a viewer only, you have to upgrade to the Pro version (currently $5) to get the editing functionality. I am not dissing it, just clarifying.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #7
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Ok didn't know since i don't use it. As a free file manager its decent esp for those fire owners who don't know about side loading apps

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-26-2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post

No need to root to work with Google Docs if you have Documents to Go installed. It fully supports Google Docs.

http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...?device_id=656

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote