Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-28-2018, 01:33 AM   #1
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Books on SD card not showing up for additional profile on Fire

I have a Kindle Fire 7 (7th gen) that I've been loading ebooks to using Calibre, transferring them to the SD card. I recently added another user to the device (Settings->Profiles->Add adult profile), but the books on the SD card don't seem to show up under Books for that user. Anyone know how to get them to show up for both users?
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Ebooks Only show & can be read on the MAIN Storage.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Books on the SD card show up only with the doc app
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgnds View Post
Books on the SD card show up only with the doc app
Fires have DOCs built in they Don't dhow up nor can be read there Not from SDCard
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #5
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
I am able to read the books and PDF's on the SD card using the doc app. You can chose from the top menu for the location

Last edited by pgnds; 07-31-2018 at 06:47 AM.
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2018, 02:34 PM   #6
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Despite what everyone says above, books can definitely be on the SD card, because they were showing up fine from the SD card for the main profile.

For my particular issue, the problem apparently was that the Fire keeps a different index of books for each profile, so when I created a new profile, it needed to build a new index of all of the books from scratch, which took a while--when I came back the next day, the books showed up fine in the Books section and I was able to open and read them fine without any special apps.
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote