Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #46
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaclaudia View Post
This is a very usefull plugin for me. However, looks like it's only work if Calibre set in english languaje, because when I use with spanish, nothing happend after I use frating for set decimals, but if I use english, all looks fine.
Hey, I like to help but I doubt if it is related to the language settings in calibre. I get the ratinginfo also with the spanish language.

More likely it is related to the name of the Publisher, if there are spanisch characters in it.
Can you check that and/or give an example of a book found in english mode and not in spanish mode.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 06-29-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:48 AM   #47
Ad2
Enthusiast
Ad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thank you greatly for this plugin. Love it.

Just a quick question: When using the plugin, is it possible to download just the rating without downloading any other metadata? That is, to download and add only the rating itself to Calibre so as not to change any pre-existing info on other fields such as the Comments, Ids, etc?

As an aside, at first I couldn't get any ratings but then I went into "Configure metadata download" and unchecked all the Metadata sources except for Goodreads and it worked.
Ad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2016, 01:32 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad2 View Post

Just a quick question: When using the plugin, is it possible to download just the rating without downloading any other metadata? That is, to download and add only the rating itself to Calibre so as not to change any pre-existing info on other fields such as the Comments, Ids, etc?

As an aside, at first I couldn't get any ratings but then I went into "Configure metadata download" and unchecked all the Metadata sources except for Goodreads and it worked.
I think you have the wrong plugin. This one is only for downloading the rating. You are probably wanting the Goodread metadata source plugin. That does have options to choose what metadata items to download. Last I checked, this did work, but I don't normally download the ratings from any site, so maybe something has changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:33 AM   #49
Ad2
Enthusiast
Ad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I've always had the Goodreads metadata source plugin. Earlier today I downloaded both the goodreads rating and the frating plugins. I was able to add the rating to a book I tested it on but not without also changing other metadata.

Since closing down and restarting Calibre I am unable to add the rating to any of my books.
Ad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:42 AM   #50
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad2 View Post

You can minimize it to check only download Publisher metadata.
That item is needed to get the floating rating through the plugin.
It is correct to select only the goodreads-rating, beacause only that one gives you the rating in float-format.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 08-01-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Advert
Old 08-01-2016, 01:21 PM   #51
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
Quick question do I need both plugins to download the decimal rating from goodreads or just the first one? I need to clean my TBR folder that has more than 2000 books and doing so for starters from the GR rating would be a great help.
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #52
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
Quick question do I need both plugins to download the decimal rating from goodreads or just the first one? I need to clean my TBR folder that has more than 2000 books and doing so for starters from the GR rating would be a great help.

You need both: goodreads-rating to get the decimal rating and frating is for use afterwards to split the decimal rating from the Publisher-field to a custom field.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #53
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

@Pr.BarnArt Nvm.. figured it out =D

Last edited by Teeny; 08-02-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #54
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
@Pr.BarnArt Nvm.. figured it out =D
Old 08-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #55
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
for this plugin. It worked for me immediately after installing and re-starting. Just a minor thing: Clicking into the the window it says "Set decimal retings" instead "ratings".

I would like to add some thought for further improvements:
  • Why not add the decimal rating immediately into the gr1 custom column?
  • After the gr1 column was once created, why asking always the same question ("Check and create custom column")? Clicking the frating icon or typing the shortcut should be enough to carry out the action.
  • It would be super to have frating just as an add-on to the standard Goodreads plugin. So no change is necessary if the Goodreads plugin changes and there would be no dependencies any more. Take it as requirement that the linking with the GR-plugin is already done. Just add the decimal rating into gr1.

I am not a programmer, so I do not know if these ideas are feasible. Take these ideas just as suggestions for your own thoughts of improvements.

And again, your plugin is an important enhancement!
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:10 AM   #56
Teeny
Enthusiast

@Pr.BarnArt
I was wondering would it be possible if your plugin was enhanced to download not only the average rating of a book but those of people we are following as well, with a limit of 3 people or something so that it isn't abused?
Old 09-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #57
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi Pr.BarnArt

I have a problem when the rating is x.x0, for example 4.10 the rating show 41.0, Calibre 2.67.

EDIT: I find the problem in goodreadsX-2.1.zip, I changed the code in worker.py file.

Spoiler:
Code:
    def parse_rating(self, root):
        rating_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="bookMeta"]/span[@class="value rating"]/span')
        if rating_node:
            rating_text = tostring(rating_node[0], method='text', encoding=unicode)
            rating_text = re.sub('[^0-9]', '', rating_text)
            rating_value = float(rating_text)
	    if 5 < rating_value < 100:
                return rating_value / 10
            if rating_value >= 100:
                return rating_value / 100
            return rating_value

Now it works okay.

Last edited by oren64; 09-17-2016 at 07:11 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Hi Pr.BarnArt

I have a problem when the rating is x.x0, for example 4.10 the rating show 41.0, Calibre 2.67.

EDIT: I find the problem in goodreadsX-2.1.zip, I changed the code in worker.py file.

Spoiler:
Code:
        rating_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="bookMeta"]/span[@class="value rating"]/span')
        if rating_node:
            rating_text = tostring(rating_node[0], method='text', encoding=unicode)
            rating_text = re.sub('[^0-9]', '', rating_text)
	    if 5 < rating_value < 100:
                return rating_value / 10
            if rating_value >= 100:
                return rating_value / 100
            return rating_value

Now it works okay.
A much simpler fix is:

Code:
        if rating_node:
            try:
                rating_text = rating_node[0].text
                return rating_value
            except:
                return None
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #59
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
A much simpler fix is:
Thanks
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #60
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Hi Pr.BarnArt

Now it works okay.
The goodreadsX is totally based on the goodreads plugin( 1.1.11).
I only add the rating tot the Publisher field.
And you were right, as Davidfor mentioned there was a problem with a rating with 1 decimal, and I presume also for ratings with 3 decimals.
Dafidfor changed the code a little.
The new goodreadsX code is based on the betaversion of goodreads (v 1.1.12)

You can find the new goodreadsX version 0.2.2 at the start of this topic, where it can be downloaded for a manual install.

Frating itself does not need an update.
Enjoy again.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 09-17-2016 at 03:33 PM.