Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #46
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Take a look at this pdf-based calendar. The idea could be extended to include an address book, to-do lists etc. It doesn't automatically resize, but there is the PDF zoom function.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #47
jasem200
Enthusiast
jasem200 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
hey i don't know how to use this. i just got my iLiad yesterday and still exploring it.
i put this gpe on the USB and tried to run it but it doesn't work.
is it because USB. i didn't get memory card yet.
jasem200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #48
jasem200
Enthusiast
jasem200 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
i've installed it from USB and it says that it is installed, but i cant find it any where.
Note: i dont have Memory Card yet.

where can i find it and start working on it.

thank you for this nice option.
jasem200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #49
abbe
abbe began at the beginning.

Device: Irex ILiad
Can't save events in GPE Calendar

Hi,

I installed the dev-package and the GPE and it seems to work fine (todo is good), except I can't save events in the Calendar.

I can get the dialog up and enter time, cetegori, details and so on. When I press "save" the screen flickers and nothing appears in the calendar.

It is as if I can't save anything, but I have ok writing abilities with files both on the internal memory and the memorycard I put in.

Any ideas? I really hope to get it to work - GPE is just what I have been looking for.

Cheers,

Abbe
abbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 AM   #50
PGP128
PGP128 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd Edition
Thanks to Adam for this great port!

Does anyone have screen refresh problems in ToDo? After I create a new task, click on the Save button, the dialogue box closes. However, I can still see faint shadow of the box on the screen. Even after clicking on the refresh button, I can still see the dialogue box in the background.

Did I install it incorrectly?

Thanks.
PGP128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #51
lucianoassirelli
lucianoassirelli began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
one question

Hy all!
I am the proud and happy owner of an Iliad since last march, and I use for reading books, or downloading and reading RSS material with the nice iNewsReader from FeedBooks.com .
I would also be interested in applications like this [PDA], but I feel blocked by an awful characteristic of the Iliad: the awfully slow keyboard input.This obviously (from my point of view) restrains me from even trying any application which requires keyboard input. Did I miss something about this issue, or am I just too... fussy about it? Thank you. L.
lucianoassirelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #52
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
actually, if you turn the sound on, you'll hear that you can keep typing (you don't have to wait for screen refreshes to continue).. the only real problem is with key repeats, they tend to become 3 when hit twice... that said, yes, it's nothing like you would be able to do with an actual keyboard, but hey..
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #53
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianoassirelli View Post
Hy all!
I am the proud and happy owner of an Iliad since last march, and I use for reading books, or downloading and reading RSS material with the nice iNewsReader from FeedBooks.com .
I would also be interested in applications like this [PDA], but I feel blocked by an awful characteristic of the Iliad: the awfully slow keyboard input.This obviously (from my point of view) restrains me from even trying any application which requires keyboard input. Did I miss something about this issue, or am I just too... fussy about it? Thank you. L.
You are not alone on this. This package IMHO doesn't cater well for the iLiad-style. Its still classical applications, instead of "Active Paper". I'd wish for a calendar where I could scribble in, but which also overs calendar functions like repeated events or reminders.

Right now AFAIK many use a classic PDF in calendar format, for their iLiad calendar to scribble in.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:38 AM   #54
lucianoassirelli
lucianoassirelli began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
Right now AFAIK many use a classic PDF in calendar format, for their iLiad calendar to scribble in.
Mmmm... this sounds as a witty trick... I'm going to give it a try, thanks!
L.
lucianoassirelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #55
Galatea
Galatea began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
How can I use the program??. I installed it but I don't know what I do now!!!
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #56
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Friends, can you help a beginner? I cannot quit the contacts program. Please tell me where the Exit option is.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #57
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
The answer's in the second post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=2
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:42 AM   #58
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Thanks Adam. All the best on all your ventures.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote