Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #91
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Version 1.7.0 - 13 Aug 2018

Fix incorrect image type sometimes being detected for books that were published containing SVG images.

Prevent conversion failure caused by unexpected content in some KFX books. (Fixes "Unexpected box-align value: justify")

Prevent conversion failure caused by alignment of lists in KFX books. (Fixes "Unexpected box-align found in ol element")

Prevent conversion failure caused by drop caps with zero length, sometimes produced by Kindle Create.

Fix incompatibility with calibre versions before 3.0 introduced in plugin version 1.2.0. (Fixes "AttributeError: 'apsw.Cursor' object has no attribute 'fetchone'" when converting from KPF format.)

Support additional KFX features.

Last edited by jhowell; 08-13-2018 at 01:28 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #92
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.8.0 - 30 Aug 2018

Prevent occasional failures when converting some books from e-ink Kindles that contain problematic JPEG-XR images.

Support additional KFX features produced by Kindle Create version 1.12.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:07 PM   #93
twokatmew
Ebook Newbie
twokatmew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Where to Download KFX Input Plugin?

Never mind. I found the link under my nose. Thanks anyway.

Hello,

I've been using DeDRM in Calibre for some years now. Today I upgraded both Kindle for PC (1.24.3) and DeDRM (6.61). I've installed this plugin w/o issue. However, I can't find the download location for the KFX Input Plugin. I've read this thread and searched the plugin library, but I can't find it.

Help please?

Last edited by twokatmew; 08-30-2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: resolved issue
twokatmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #94
Dogbert
Dogbert began at the beginning.

Is it safe to say that a lot of books / files don't have metadata associated with them when they are sourced directly from the maker of the reader? Most of mine don't, and I just want to make sure that I don't have something setup incorrectly where they aren't being read in. Thanks.
Dogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #95
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Is it safe to say that a lot of books / files don't have metadata associated with them when they are sourced directly from the maker of the reader?
Book in KFX format imported from a Kindle device or app will generally have the following metadata: title, author, language, publisher, publication date, and ASIN. A short description will occasionally also be present. You should see these in your calibre library when you add a book in KFX format.

Other metadata, such as series and ISBN, are not contained within the book. You will need to add those manually or download them using metadata plugins.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #96
Dogbert
Dogbert began at the beginning.

Super. Thanks. Didn't even think of looking at those items. The files in question do have that metadata, so it looks like everything is working as it's supposed to.
Dogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #97
eleet007
eleet007 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Ok what am I missing here?

I try to package both kfx files into a zip file, then rename it ".kfx-zip"

I drop that in Calibre, but it's reading it as a .zip, and not kfx-zip, so it can't convert it.
eleet007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #98
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleet007 View Post
Ok what am I missing here?

I try to package both kfx files into a zip file, then rename it ".kfx-zip"

I drop that in Calibre, but it's reading it as a .zip, and not kfx-zip, so it can't convert it.
If calibre sees it as zip format then most likely you have failed to rename the file correctly. Research renaming files for your operating system.

To find out more information you can create an import log. Restart calibre in debug mode (choose this from the menu after right clicking Preferences), import the file, and exit calibre. A log of the import process will appear. You can should be able to determine from that what file type has been imported from that.

Also make sure that you have included all of the files that make up the book in your kfx-zip file.

It might be easier to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to have the plugin create the kfx-zip for you automatically.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:55 PM   #99
eleet007
eleet007 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
If calibre sees it as zip format then most likely you have failed to rename the file correctly. Research renaming files for your operating system.

To find out more information you can create an import log. Restart calibre in debug mode (choose this from the menu after right clicking Preferences), import the file, and exit calibre. A log of the import process will appear. You can should be able to determine from that what file type has been imported from that.

Also make sure that you have included all of the files that make up the book in your kfx-zip file.

It might be easier to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to have the plugin create the kfx-zip for you automatically.

Thanks for the quick response. I feel like I read the instructions 5x, but went back and read them one more time. Realized I was grabbing the wrong KFX file

Import worked as expected and can now successfully convert.
eleet007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #100
swamiS
swamiS began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,
i am new here. Wanted to change kindle books to pdf and i manually installed the latest kfx zip plugin as well as the DeDRM_tools_6.6.1.zip but i got this error message . I am copy pasting the whole error detail:
Spoiler:

calibre, version 3.32.0
ERROR: Conversion failed: <p><b>Failed to convert: B071R5HHTL EBOK<p>This is an Amazon KFX book. It cannot be processed. See <a href="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283371">here</a> for information on how to handle KFX books.

Convert book 1 of 1 (B071R5HHTL EBOK)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
read_metadata_from_opf: u'/var/folders/mz/xt_2492j4d573ypf_mbt5jx80000gn/C/calibre_3.32.0_tmp_6i8ufZ/jYMeVz.opf'
verbose: 2
output_profile: 'tablet'
input_profile: 'kindle'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 3.32.0
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': None,
'custom_size': None,
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleInput object at 0x10b7a0510>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.TabletOutput object at 0x10b7a0f90>,
'page_breaks_before': u"//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']",
'paper_size': u'letter',
'pdf_add_toc': False,
'pdf_default_font_size': 20,
'pdf_footer_template': None,
'pdf_header_template': None,
'pdf_hyphenate': False,
'pdf_mark_links': False,
'pdf_mono_family': u'Liberation Mono',
'pdf_mono_font_size': 16,
'pdf_page_margin_bottom': 72.0,
'pdf_page_margin_left': 72.0,
'pdf_page_margin_right': 72.0,
'pdf_page_margin_top': 72.0,
'pdf_page_numbers': False,
'pdf_sans_family': u'Liberation Sans',
'pdf_serif_family': u'Liberation Serif',
'pdf_standard_font': u'serif',
'pdf_use_document_margins': False,
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': False,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'/var/folders/mz/xt_2492j4d573ypf_mbt5jx80000gn/C/calibre_3.32.0_tmp_6i8ufZ/jYMeVz.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'uncompressed_pdf': False,
'unit': u'inch',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'use_profile_size': False,
'verbose': 2}
Python function terminated unexpectedly: This is an Amazon KFX book. It cannot be processed. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371 for information on how to handle KFX books.
InputFormatPlugin: MOBI Input running
on /var/folders/mz/xt_2492j4d573ypf_mbt5jx80000gn/C/calibre_3.32.0_tmp_6i8ufZ/orOakZ.azw
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 154, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 114, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 199, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 42, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 27, in gui_convert
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1106, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 244, in __call__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/mobi_input.py", line 35, in convert
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 84, in __init__
calibre.ebooks.mobi.reader.mobi6.KFXError: This is an Amazon KFX book. It cannot be processed. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371 for information on how to handle KFX books.

Thanks!!

Last edited by theducks; 09-29-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Wrapped log in SPOILER tags
swamiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #101
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
(a) Detailed help with DRM removal isn't permitted here
(b) That's a conversion log. When you ask for detailed help at Alf's blog or Harper's github repository, remember that DRM removal happens on import, not conversion, so you'll need to post an import log.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #102
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That log contains references to a post at this forum that specifically addresses KFX related problems. There's one at the top, another about 3/4 down and another one at the end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	166579

Try clicking on one of them, the answer may be in that post

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #103
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
A couple of books fail to convert with this message:
Code:
Unknown com.amazon.yjconversion feature: reflow-style-8
Unexpected Ion symbols used: $528</p>
On a quick look, converting with ignore errors seems to have worked, except that the in-book TOC is oddly laid out, with the start of each line hidden in the margin.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #104
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
A couple of books fail to convert with this message:
Code:
Unknown com.amazon.yjconversion feature: reflow-style-8
Unexpected Ion symbols used: $528</p>
You have KFX content that I have never seen before and so is not handled by this plugin. It would be helpful to know the name and/or ASIN of those books so that I can look into it further.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:55 AM   #105
jraffa
Enthusiast
jraffa began at the beginning.

I am able to import the book but I am unable to read it. Here is the error message when I try to read it

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 289, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 65, in extract_book
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 244, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 105, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 252, in clean_msg
File "cgi.py", line 1043, in escape
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
jraffa is offline   Reply With Quote