Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
asraidevin
attempting author
asraidevin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
CSS link keeps changing

I have used sigil before to edit epub after running through Smashwords meatgrinder, but the first time I am making my own.

I am running the newst version of Sigil. 0.9.9 on windows 10.

I can't link to my CSS file.

i paste the link between <title></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../Styles/Style0001.css" />

And it changes it to this after I save.

&lt;link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../Styles/Style0001.css" /&gt;

every time, every chapter.
asraidevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
It thinks you are trying to paste text that you want people to read thus the need to escape the text.

What source did you copy the string that you pasted? Re you trying to paste in Bookview by any chance and not Codeview? What happens when you use the link stylesheets commands in Sigil?
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
You mean inside the head tags not title right? You can not paste a lnk tag inside a title tag. You should be pasting the link tag inside the head tag but not inside the title tag (ie after it)
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The title of the book goes between <title<</title>. See the following correct header code.

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:epub="http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops">
<head>
<title>Name of book</title>
<link href="../Styles/Style0001.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>
<body>
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #5
asraidevin
attempting author

I'm in code view.

it was doing it even if I pasted the whole thing as a big chapter then used the "split at cursor" option.

I'll try the link style sheet. I didn't know that was an option. If I can figure it out.
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #6
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Link stylesheet from context menu. It will be fine.

BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
asraidevin
attempting author

I mis understood the directions I was reading. thank you. problem solved, I feel dumb.

it was that I was trying it put it between the <title></title> not between <head></head>