Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #61
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
And customs delay if the packet is controlled ....
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #62
KindleMeAndrey
Enthusiast
KindleMeAndrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
I asked him some more questions and got more info:

Quote:
The 350 USD is the wholesale price for your retailers. But if you need a sample for testing. We also can give you this price.
You also can buy from our Amazon US. The devices been sale in Amazon, we need sent the devices to Amazon warehouse (Shipping cost), clearance tax and duty in UK, The platform cost in Amazon. So the retail pirce is 549 USD.
If you buy from our factory, you need bear the shipping cost from China to US.
We launch the Note at the early of March. So you have to wait until March.
and:

Quote:
Yes, you can use Paypal. Sorry the shipping company are out for work in case our Chinese new year holiday. so I can not ask the shipping cost. All our products have 1 years warranty. The return policy in case is malfunctioning. You can sending back to our China office (you bear the cost) and we send a new one for you (we bear the cost). If you think it is much trouble, you can buy from our Amazon shop. it is 549 USD.
It does seem like a pretty good deal assuming shipping isn't more than $50, although if you get a lemon, you'll need to pay US to China shipping & deal with Chinese officials rather than Amazon. The good side is that they do PayPal, so you get some protection that way.

I started the conversation a while back through their contact form, asking them some questions about Max2 before it was out, and now Note. It's probably still there.

Last edited by KindleMeAndrey; 02-09-2018 at 12:25 PM.
KindleMeAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #63
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Wow! At that price, I'm very interested. I'll make a note to check back in March.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #64
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Would there be any customs/import fees, over and above shipping costs? That might depend on which country we're talking about, I suppose.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #65
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Would there be any customs/import fees, over and above shipping costs? That might depend on which country we're talking about, I suppose.
Doesn't sound like it. Even regular sellers on Amazon, IME, circumvent taxes and import fees by sending "personal gifts" when shipping from oversees. It may have been totally wrong, but I am not complaining nor am I going out of my way to declare any of that on my tax return.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #66
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMeAndrey View Post
I asked him some more questions and got more info:

It does seem like a pretty good deal assuming shipping isn't more than $50, although if you get a lemon, you'll need to pay US to China shipping & deal with Chinese officials rather than Amazon. The good side is that they do PayPal, so you get some protection that way.

I started the conversation a while back through their contact form, asking them some questions about Max2 before it was out, and now Note. It's probably still there.
When you were inquiring, does Onyx believe you are needing a unit for "review", or is this simply their roundabout way to allow factory direct sales without officially doing so?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #67
KindleMeAndrey
Enthusiast
KindleMeAndrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Quote:
When you were inquiring, does Onyx believe you are needing a unit for "review", or is this simply their roundabout way to allow factory direct sales without officially doing so?
I didn't specifically say anything about testing or reselling, so it's probably the latter.
KindleMeAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:52 AM   #68
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I just had the same conversation with sales@onyx-international.com, unfortunately with a very different outcome.
I did not ask for a commercial sample (since I am not a retailer), I simply asked if I could buy a unit directly from them.
They offered the retail price of USD549 direct from them, or from Amazon. No wholesale price was offered.
I think you can only get the wholesale price if you are a retailer (or pretend to be one, which I am not willing to do). Maybe it's for the best, as I have been quite happy with the customer service offered by Booxtor over the past few years.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:00 AM   #69
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Does anyone have any news on when the Boox Note might be shipped out/in stock on Ereader.store or elsewhere? When does the New Year holiday actually end, and activities resume? Many thanks!
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #70
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
I've emailed ereader store twice in the last week. Once asking if there was any new details around availability and another about my specific order. No response either time.
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #71
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
If I remember correctly, the Lunar New Year fell on February 16th this year. Booxtor mentioned that most businesses shut down for about two weeks so that workers are able to go back to their hometowns to spend time with their families as it is the most important festival of the year in China. Once workers return, I imagine that there will likely then be a backlog of work to get caught up on.

From what I gather, Onyx tends to release new products domestically in China first, and then people will often upload videos to the internet. Unfortunately, there haven't even been any recent videos of the device in action that I am aware of. That suggests that it hasn't yet been released in China.

Consequently, I don't really expect to see my device much before the end of March, possibly April. However, I am quite certain that it will arrive as quickly as circumstances allow. I am quite happy with my Max that I got from Booxtor about this time last year.

Patience is a virtue.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:43 PM   #72
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I do have an update from Ereader.store, received today. Here it is:

This week the Onyx factory will be back to work from holidays and process shipping of the Note batch to our warehouse. We expect to get the delivery of the first batch of Onyx Boox Note and to be able to start shipping out of pre-orders within next week.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:15 PM   #73
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
I do have an update from Ereader.store, received today. Here it is:

This week the Onyx factory will be back to work from holidays and process shipping of the Note batch to our warehouse. We expect to get the delivery of the first batch of Onyx Boox Note and to be able to start shipping out of pre-orders within next week.
I stand corrected. Sometimes it's great to be wrong.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #74
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
From what I gather, Onyx tends to release new products domestically in China first, and then people will often upload videos to the internet. Unfortunately, there haven't even been any recent videos of the device in action that I am aware of. That suggests that it hasn't yet been released in China.
Patience is a virtue.
People in China did received their Notes before Chinese new year. However, demand outnumbered supply. In my estimation, less than 500 pieces were released to the market.

Check the official Boox weibo post for some users' unboxing pictures.

https://weibo.com/p/100140E3137610
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #75
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
People in China did received their Notes before Chinese new year. However, demand outnumbered supply. In my estimation, less than 500 pieces were released to the market.

Check the official Boox weibo post for some users' unboxing pictures.

https://weibo.com/p/100140E3137610
Good to know. And again, good to be mistaken if it means that my device will reach me all the sooner.

Hopefully, some videos of the Note being put to the test instead of marketed will begin to emerge...