Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Trying to remove books from Kindle Library

I have a Paperwhite, and have been deleting a few books from my Kindle library, that I want to put back on my computer until later. Some of the titles just stay in my library, even though I selected them for deletion.

These are ebooks that I purchased from Amazon.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You are Only seeing the book Covers. You tap on them to re-download the ebooks themselves.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #3
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

I am not sure how that is related. My Kindle shows these titles on the device, I want to remove them. I am not looking at an image like a cover, I am using the menu that just shows the books as a text list.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IF there is a Star beside the title them the ebook is on the PW No Star then the ebook is Not on the PW...

The ONLY way to remove the title is to Delete the ebook from Amazon... then it gone until you re-buy it.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Above the list, is "All" or "Downloaded" in bold?

If "All", then tap on "Downloaded"
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I am not sure how that is related. My Kindle shows these titles on the device, I want to remove them. I am not looking at an image like a cover, I am using the menu that just shows the books as a text list.
You have two options when looking at your books (doesn't matter if you're using a list view or a cover view). The first is ALL (on the newer Kindles, Archive or Cloud? on the older ones) and other is DOWNLOADED. If you're looking at the ALL view, you'll see every book you have in your Amazon library. (In my case, 196 of them.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Above the list, is "All" or "Downloaded" in bold?

If "All", then tap on "Downloaded"
That's the simpler way to say it.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:07 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

ALL that does is HIDE the Titles or Covers they are Still on the Device. sheesh
Old 07-24-2018, 10:25 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
One could hope that if the OP can't see them, he won't be bothered by them.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:52 AM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Yep. You won't see the titles of books NOT downloaded to the Kindle. I think that's pretty much what the OP wanted, isn't it?
Old 07-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #11
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter

Quote:
First you say, "IF there is a Star beside the title them the ebook is on the PW No Star then the ebook is Not on the PW...

The ONLY way to remove the title is to Delete the ebook from Amazon... then it gone until you re-buy it."

Then you state, "they are still on the device" but just hidden.

When I choose DOWNLOADED, this should be a list of titles on my Kindle only. I want to remove some titles from the Kindle. I am more confused now with the varying responses to this query.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
When you look in the ALL tab, you're seeing all of your books, both those on the device, and those on your account but not downloaded to the device.

When you look in the DOWNLOADED tab, you only see those books that are actually on the device.

To remove a book from a device, long-touch the book, and select Remove from Device from the menu that appears.

If you want a book to be gone from your account, completely, go to your Content and Device Page on the Amazon site, tap the [...] to the left of the book, and select DELETE. You'll be warned that it is a permenant action, click OK or YES to throw the book away.

Once deleted from your account, you'll need to also delete it from the device, if you have not already done so. Then sync. Sometimes it takes a while for the image of the book to actually disappear from the device.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:39 AM   #13
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter

Thanks, Deskisamess, and everyone, for trying to help.

I do now see that a long click on the item produces a menu with the option to remove it from my device. What if the item is still on the device after clicking to remove it from my Kindle? I have two instances where the books is listed twice on my Kindle. I am trying to delete the second one, and in both cases, they won't delete.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:45 AM   #14
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter

Well, after attempting the deletion tonight, I clicked on ALL, then clicked on DOWNLOADED, and the titles were deleted. I thought I tried that yesterday, but today it worked.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #15
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
<sillliness on> It must be the long finger "nails" in your avatar pic. They got in the way. </silliness off> Glad you solved it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 2, mac os, paperwhite 3