Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #16
j66st
j66st began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
How to identify i62HD vs. i62?

Hi. I ordered a Boox i62HD and received it today. Now I am wondering if this is really the HD model. Nowhere on the device or on the box "HD" is mentioned.
The EAN barcode on the box is 6949710300175.
The serial number label says Model: Boox i62.
On the back of the device is printed: "Model: i62"

The About box on the device just says "Onyx eReader 799 MHz". The firmware version is 1.7 20120524.

So can someone please tell me how to identify the HD model?
j66st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
I just sent support the the same question and according to them it is.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
hi, i have just update my boox, but now every time i swich on the reader, it spend 5 minutes loading. can i restore the previous version?
Hi
I suggest you to reinstall the same update. 5 minutes loading is not normal. I have just tested boot time on my device - 12 sec.

To all testers of the new update - in the preferred applications you can test the new PDF reader that contains some new features like Comic Reading Mode and Paper Reading Mode (which is actually so long expected Two Column Reading Mode)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #19
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I try to copy the unziped files to my sd card I get that some of the files are password protected. No one mentioned this before so am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j66st View Post
Hi. I ordered a Boox i62HD and received it today. Now I am wondering if this is really the HD model. Nowhere on the device or on the box "HD" is mentioned.
The EAN barcode on the box is 6949710300175.
The serial number label says Model: Boox i62.
On the back of the device is printed: "Model: i62"

The About box on the device just says "Onyx eReader 799 MHz". The firmware version is 1.7 20120524.

So can someone please tell me how to identify the HD model?
Please don't be confused by the box labeling.
We don't offer other models - the box from Onyx is just universal for all models of i62 they produce..

You can test the resolution easily:

download this picture (it is in HD 1024 x 768):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Tes...201024x768.bmp

open it and zoom to 100% - it should fit complete display.

You can also compare it to resolution of regular i62 (800 х 600):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Tes...%20800x600.bmp
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
When I try to copy the unziped files to my sd card I get that some of the files are password protected. No one mentioned this before so am I doing something wrong?
Hi,

just don't unzip the file. Copy it to the SD card and start update as described
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
owly
Guru

Thanks, it worked :-) Much easier to get to the menu symbol now. :-)
Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #23
j66st
j66st began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Please don't be confused by the box labeling.
We don't offer other models - the box from Onyx is just universal for all models of i62 they produce..

You can test the resolution easily:

download this picture (it is in HD 1024 x 768):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Tes...201024x768.bmp

open it and zoom to 100% - it should fit complete display.

You can also compare it to resolution of regular i62 (800 х 600):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Tes...%20800x600.bmp
Thanks! It turned out that it is indeed the HD model.
By the way, actual screen dimensions are 758x1024 pixels (not 768x1024, as stated on several websites, and which is normal for XGA monitors on PC).

I composed two test patterns to check the screen resolution.
test_pattern_758x1024.gif
test_pattern_768x1024.gif
These test patterns contain a grid of alternating lines to prove that the bitmap pixels are actually mapped 1-to-1 to screen pixels, while the circles in the corners can be used to check the width and height of the display.

Last edited by j66st; 07-13-2012 at 05:13 AM.
j66st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #24
Booxtor
Booxtor

The first post has been updated
Please download and install the new firmware on your i62HD
Old 07-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #25
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Comparison of Firmware between M92 and i62HD

Quote:
The first post has been updated
Please download and install the new firmware on your i62HD
Boxtoor, I was wondering, what are the feature differences between the firmware of the M92 and the i62HD? Should they pretty much be the same?
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #26
owly
Guru

Thanks, installed nicely
Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Hi
I suggest you to reinstall the same update. 5 minutes loading is not normal. I have just tested boot time on my device - 12 sec.
thanks, as always it was user fault. I will install the new update, but can you tell us the password? I would like to directly change the stand-by images, add fonts I like ecc.., and do it with otfm it's not so easy.

Comic Reading Mode and Paper Reading Mode: for me they are nearly useless. with the resolution of this reader, I don't need to zoom so much. But the new pdfreader sometimes, hiding margins, cuts the last letters
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #28
owly
Guru

Add the UNZIPPED file to the SDcard (made this mistake myself before) and you won't need a password.

Quote:
thanks, as always it was user fault. I will install the new update, but can you tell us the password? I would like to directly change the stand-by images, add fonts I like ecc.., and do it with otfm it's not so easy.

Comic Reading Mode and Paper Reading Mode: for me they are nearly useless. with the resolution of this reader, I don't need to zoom so much. But the new pdfreader sometimes, hiding margins, cuts the last letters
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #29
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:

If you want to replace/add screen savers, shut down picture, dictionaries, fonts etc. you can modify the zip file without unzipping it. Just try it. But be careful, don't delete files in it, if you are not absolutelly sure what you are doying.

Paths:
Fonts: opt\onyx\arm\lib\fonts
Dictionaries: usr\share\dicts
Screensaver: usr\share\system_manager\images
shut down picture: usr\share\gui_shell\images\shutdown.png

Afterwards you can install it to your ereader. It works

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-20-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #30
cms
cms began at the beginning.

Device: none
Onyx Firmware on Kobo Reader??

Can I install an open source firmware (such as Onyx) on a Kobo Touch?
cms is offline   Reply With Quote