Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-18-2023, 09:35 PM   #1
tatagi
Connoisseur
tatagi began at the beginning.

Device: none
batch script for subsetting fonts?

I have little to no knowledge of batch script language, so some help would be very grateful.

I want to batch the process of subsetting embedded fonts to reduce end file size. And I found command line user guide :

here https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...ok-polish.html

so I can subset fonts with this command :

ebook-polish -f "C:\users\namehere\filename.epub" "C:\users\namehere\filename1.epub"

but this applies to single file only and I have thousands of epub files to subset fonts from.

I want all epubs in "namehere" folder to subset fonts at once to save some time.
after some digging, batch script for windows came to mind.

problem is like I said I have almost zero knowledge for using this.
maybe using "for" loop command will repeat the process, but it would be great to know full lines of commands that must be used.

thank you

p.s) if possible, let me know the batch command lines for calibre editor's lossy image compression, since polish tool only supports loseless compression which won't help much in reducing file sizes.

Last edited by tatagi; 01-18-2023 at 09:53 PM.
tatagi is offline   Reply With Quote