Old 06-08-2020, 12:18 AM   #376
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Released 1.7.26!

It was indeed a stupid compat issue in 1.7.25 .

(There was a stray dependency on future for something six handles just as well).
Hi, the update fixed the issue!

But to answer you prev question, I was using Calibre 4.18 and this was the debug file I had using the problematic version for your perusal.

Thanks much!
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpuorct3.txt (3.9 KB, 188 views)
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:28 AM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@madame_newbie: Cool, that was indeed what I managed to reproduce on macOS, good to know there wasn't anything gnarlier lurking about, thanks .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:03 AM   #378
MonicaOP
Connoisseur
MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Oasis
Quote:
@madame_newbie: Cool, that was indeed what I managed to reproduce on macOS, good to know there wasn't anything gnarlier lurking about, thanks .
Thank you so much!! Is in the menu again!! Is still not working with Oasis but it works with the Kindle Keyboard!!

Be well!! Monica

Last edited by MonicaOP; 06-08-2020 at 01:07 AM.
MonicaOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:17 AM   #379
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The device shouldn't have anything to do with this... In any case, I can't really tell you much without debug logs.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:51 AM   #380
MonicaOP
Connoisseur
MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Oasis
Quote:
The device shouldn't have anything to do with this... In any case, I can't really tell you much without debug logs.
Is working now with Keyboard but it doesn't create collections with the Oasis. I have no idea how to create debug logs, I tried to get into debug mode but then I couldn't get out. I'm not that much computer savy. Thanks for everything!!
MonicaOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:25 AM   #381
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaOP View Post
Is working now with Keyboard but it doesn't create collections with the Oasis. I have no idea how to create debug logs, I tried to get into debug mode but then I couldn't get out. I'm not that much computer savy. Thanks for everything!!
If you're using the debug calibre, you need to CTRL + Q and it will shut down. Then go find your calibre shortcut or .exe and open from there. It will start as the non-debug Calibre.

To find the debug file you need to go to C:\Users\(Your PC's Username\AppData\Local\Temp. The file is labelled like tmpxxx.txt. Hope that helps.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #382
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MonicaOP: You do remember than you need a jailbroken device for this to actually do something on the Oasis, right?
Old 06-13-2020, 07:12 AM   #383
Polyhive
Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyhive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
*deep breath* I have a paperwhite and the firmware is 5.12.5 is it possible to jailbreak it or am I stuffed for making collections in Calibre?

Thanks in advance

Pete
Polyhive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #384
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyhive View Post
*deep breath* I have a paperwhite and the firmware is 5.12.5 is it possible to jailbreak it or am I stuffed for making collections in Calibre?

Thanks in advance

Pete
Assuming you are not talking about serial jailbreak (that is, you don't want to phisically open your kindle and use solder): probably not.
If you have updated its firmware once since when you bought it: then no.
If you haven't: check this and good luck: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=782
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 04:52 AM   #385
snowreg
snowreg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5 / Touch (2012) [B011] | Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015) [G090]
Hello,

For information, it seems working on "Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015): G090"
My Firmware version is: Kindle 5.13.1 (3643200037) (From June 2020)
snowreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #386
Peter82
Peter82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Can't create collections

Hello,

I have a jailbreaked Kindle PW3 running LibrarianSync, but I get this error message when trying to create kindle collections in Calibre:

calibre, version 5.0.1 (darwin, embedded-python: True)
Failed to create/preview collections: Failed: Create Kindle Collections

Unicode-objects must be encoded before hashing

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.create_preview ", line 68, in create
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 39, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 62, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 152, in load_kindle_books
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ebook", line 120, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ebook", line 126, in get_hash
TypeError: Unicode-objects must be encoded before hashing
In fact I get an error message for every single button I try to press in the Kindle Collections menu in Calibre. Pretty bad.
Peter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:07 AM   #387
ArcensLay
ArcensLay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi Peter82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter82 View Post
Hello,
In fact I get an error message for every single button I try to press in the Kindle Collections menu in Calibre. Pretty bad.
Is it always the same error message or different ones? What Collections version do you use?
ArcensLay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #388
Peter82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcensLay View Post
Hi Peter82

Is it always the same error message or different ones? What Collections version do you use?
I am new to Calibre so it should be a pretty new version, it's 1.7.26 running on Calibre 5.0.1

When trying to import Kindle Collections into Calibre I get this error msg:
calibre, version 5.0.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:Unicode-objects must be encoded before hashing

calibre 5.0.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
macOS-10.15.4-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '19.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 19.4.0: Wed Mar 4 22:28:40 PST 2020; root:xnu-6153.101.6~15/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.8.5
OSX: ('10.15.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kindle Collections (1, 7, 26)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 175, in import_kindle_collections
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.import_collect ions", line 60, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 39, in init
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 62, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 152, in load_kindle_books
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ebook", line 120, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ebook", line 126, in get_hash
TypeError: Unicode-objects must be encoded before hashing
Old 09-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #389
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.7.27, which should fix the (first of hopefully not too many...) Python 3 issues on Calibre 5.

In the future, please post *debug* logs, because I made those actually print useful info in a few cases were things could potentially go wrong that were otherwise annoyingly silent...

Fair warning: This *may* have broken Python 2 compatibility. I don't care. If you're using Calibre 4, you'll find the final actually-tested-on-Python2 version archived here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindle Collections-1.7.26.zip (316.4 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-26-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #390
Peter82

Quote:
Released 1.7.27, which should fix the (first of hopefully not too many...) Python 3 issues on Calibre 5.

In the future, please post *debug* logs, because I made those actually print useful info in a few cases were things could potentially go wrong that were otherwise annoyingly silent...

Fair warning: This *may* have broken Python 2 compatibility. I don't care. If you're using Calibre 4, you'll find the final actually-tested-on-Python2 version archived here.
I have no idea where to get a debug log...

I seem to have installed two versions of Python (my Kindle has a 'Python' and a 'Python3' directory). Might that be part of the problem?

Anyway, I installed the new release, and it works! Thanks a lot

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle