Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
steve.muhlberger
steve.muhlberger began at the beginning.

Device: windows 7
Unifying scattered book collections

Somehow I have ended up with three or four sets of book collections

They are: 1. Two different Kindle Cloud Collections on my iPad. 2. books accessed via Amazon.ca read through a Windows 7 machine 3. I have an iPhone which I don't think has any books on it currently.

I would like to be able to access books through the iPad and theWindows machine. Is this possible?

Absent minded professor
steve.muhlberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.muhlberger View Post

They are: 1. Two different Kindle Cloud Collections on my iPad. 2. books accessed via Amazon.ca read through a Windows 7 machine 3. I have an iPhone which I don't think has any books on it currently.

I would like to be able to access books through the iPad and theWindows machine. Is this possible?

Absent minded professor
Were the books bought under one and the same Amazon account, or several different accounts? If the latter, then the only way to unite them is to remove the DRM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Calibre is your friend here. Set it up, then import the books from your various sources and have a unified Calibre output without DRM. I have books from Amazon, Storybundle, Humblebundle, Bundle of Holding, Project Gutenberg, FadedPage, Kobo, and miscellaneous university sources via Adobe.

My current unified ebook reader is an Icarus (Android) because frankly the hoops you have to jump through to import into iBooks is a hassle too far. In terms of a unified library management tool, I log everything in LibraryThing - print and electronic, including all my RPGs.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.muhlberger View Post

Absent minded professor

Are all your ebooks purchased from Amazon? If they're on the same account, then they're already unified.

Do you have two Amazon accounts, each with purchased ebooks? Then you can unify them using the Family Library feature, which allows the books on each account to appear on the other account.

But if you do have more than one Amazon account, it might be worth talking to Amazon customer service about whether it's possible to amalgamate them.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
steve.muhlberger
steve.muhlberger began at the beginning.

Device: windows 7
Thanks for the help!
steve.muhlberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library management