Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
gravity_
gravity_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad 9.7-inch
Software for taking notes on several devices?

Hi
I am looking for a good software which I can use for taking notes on several devices, so I was interested in the one you are currently using? Most of the time I am on the go and a good idea pops up in my head, so I want to write it down as soon as possible and store it. However, when I write it on a sticky note, I tend to forget where I put it, and I end up losing it. So, it will be great if I can synchronize my email and know that I have everything I need there!

PS I know about Google notes but it takes me a while to load and open, maybe is just my device. I will appreciate the help!
gravity_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I use Joplin which I sync through my Nextcloud instance. However you can use Dropbox or Onedrive instead.

I've only used it on Windows and Android.

I also use OneNote for work and that's pretty good - although I always think of it as a bit ott for quick notes on my phone.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
We use Evernote for tons of stuff. I can access my notes on all of my devices. It's great for recipes, log in info, family medical info, you name it.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:20 AM   #4
gravity_
gravity_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad 9.7-inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I use Joplin which I sync through my Nextcloud instance. However you can use Dropbox or Onedrive instead.

I've only used it on Windows and Android.

I also use OneNote for work and that's pretty good - although I always think of it as a bit ott for quick notes on my phone.
Thanks for that one! I haven't heard about Joplin until now. I agree about OneNote. I've used it before, but once I switched to Mac, I found out that there are fewer functions available, so I decided to move on. Dropbox is a bit confusing to me, I can't figure my way around it... But I might give Joplin a try, it looks interesting and is free from what I saw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
We use Evernote for tons of stuff. I can access my notes on all of my devices. It's great for recipes, log in info, family medical info, you name it.
Do you use some of the paid versions of Evernote? I think that it doesn't have enough space, at least from where I am standing. I looked up some alternatives for it since it is very popular right now, and I came across a list of platforms with similar options but for free. However, none of them seem to work well with Mac... I either have to change my laptop/ pay for Evernote's premium version or try out Joplin like @latepaul suggested. In the end, I will just buy a notebook and a pen, and keep it with me wherever I go
gravity_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help choice, help deciding, notes