Notices

Old 03-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #31
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Not sure if you've realised but Booxtor's/Waldemar's ereader.store is one man show shop. Sole trader, home/family business. Enthusiast.

You've probably never dealt with China where tomorrow means yesterday.
this is the point. I bet i am paying something more than if i would buying the ereader directly from China. This is why i prefer to buy in Europe and have a better service. By this i mean respect of delivery terms, assistance, answered mails and so on. Booxtor is enthusiast? Well, the problem here is that his customer is really not. On the company website is not written: this is one man shop, a home family/business of few enthusiast and you should excuse any inefficiency. It's written: order processing 3-7 days, answer to mail 3-5 days. And i paid almost 500 euro. I hope you can get my point.
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #32
gumalcan
Enthusiast

17 days passed, without absolutely any action. No delivery of the paid good. No update on the tracking, not even an answer to one of my mails. I will keep the new (potential) customers updated.
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 08:34 PM   #33
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumalcan View Post
this is the point. I bet i am paying something more than if i would buying the ereader directly from China. This is why i prefer to buy in Europe and have a better service. By this i mean respect of delivery terms, assistance, answered mails and so on. Booxtor is enthusiast? Well, the problem here is that his customer is really not. On the company website is not written: this is one man shop, a home family/business of few enthusiast and you should excuse any inefficiency. It's written: order processing 3-7 days, answer to mail 3-5 days. And i paid almost 500 euro. I hope you can get my point.
I'm totally with you. You pay absurd money for half baked product produced in China.
Chinese owned Eink has zero competition and Onyx's large Android ereaders have zero competition too.
Booxtor is the last one in the chain and nobody cares over there as you could see Onyx is setting up its own distribution.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #34
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I'm totally with you. You pay absurd money for half baked product produced in China.
Chinese owned Eink has zero competition and Onyx's large Android ereaders have zero competition too.
Booxtor is the last one in the chain and nobody cares over there as you could see Onyx is setting up its own distribution.
I agree, Booxtor is the last one in the chain. However to establish some routine steps to afford this delivery issue would not be such problematic. I mean, you got too many orders, cannot you afford such a sale success? Then hire someone to help you and start a more efficient reimbursement policy, prevent issues informing correctly and clearly on your web site about the extraordinary delivery times, hire someone for the customer care to answer mails and phone calls. Keep the customers informed is the basics!
Old 03-29-2018, 05:21 AM   #35
gumalcan
Enthusiast

i just request my money back. Let's see how many weeks for a simple answer.
Quote:
you are above all delay limits. Please inform me urgently about your reimbursement policy, since i would rather get my money back than wait a day longer. Thank you
Advert
Old 03-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #36
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Smile A reply from Ereader.store

I've got a reply from Ereader.store to my last questions. I've put my order for the Max2, the support and screen protector
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #37
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Patience is a lost art.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #38
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Patience is a lost art.
We're the Sons of Amazon. We want it all, and we want it now!
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #39
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

News from Ereader.store.

Hi folks,

A request from Waldemar, when you have made a request : be patient, don't send a new e-mail or open a new ticket for the same thing before the end of the delay/ETA/... So the number of mails to read can be reduced. It's annoying to have to read many e-mails from the same person on the same subject, it's represent many time lost because Waldemar try to reply to each message.

I've waited 9 days before to contact Waldemar again. The delay for my request was 5/7 days.

Below, a part of the Waldemar's reply to my request done by the "Contact form". I hope that many of yours could understand the situation.

Quote:
Hi dear Randy11,

I am sorry for delay with reply to your message. At the moment it is going really very stressful in our store because of some troubles (too slow production speed) with our new product Onyx Boox Note.

It is kind of a chain of unexpected events, which causes those delays:
1. We were the first and only distributor in western market, who allowed customers to place pre-orders for the new Onyx Boox Note. Our delivery schedule was based on information, provided by the Onyx factory.
2. The device turned to be a much more demanded product than expected and we got an unexpected huge quantity of pre-orders from entire world (five times more pre-orders as for our other bestseller Max2).
3. In February the factory didn't work during Chinese New Year holidays.
4. Since the product is very new, our factory was not really ready to ship immediately the demanded quantity and delivers our goods in quantities, way not enough to cover all the pre-orders. Also the transportation is not always as smooth as expected and parts of our batches are delivered to our warehouse on longer routes. All this causes currently longer processing times and also a huge wave of customer messages, who is pushing us to deliver their orders ASAP. The problem is, some customers are sending multiple messages and altogether I have to balance between reply to thousands of messages like "has it been shipped?" offering technical support, answering technical questions and calls, and also find time for testing and improving our software (which is actually my main task in the company).

As a small company, which is dealing with rather niche products, we are not really prepared to this situation. Since we are trying to keep our prices as low as possible, we cannot afford to increase our staff and are trying to manage the situation with available staff. It is definitely exceptional situation, which will be fixed soon. We are sure we can manage it and everything will be as good as our customers are used to receive from our store.
About the idea to stop the pre-order :
Quote:
Stopping of pre-orders in store would not solve the issue - I did try it in the past and the quantity of messages remained the same just changed to "when it will be available for pre-orders? why did you disable pre-orders ? ... "
My Max2 is going to be sent Tuesday.

Last edited by Randy11; 03-30-2018 at 03:04 AM. Reason: 'A demand' changed to 'A request', suggestion from Sogaiu
Old 03-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #40
laurenth
laurenth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Quote:
Patience is a lost art.
"O tempora, o mores"... forza Cicero
laurenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #41
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi folks,
A demand from Waldemar
Here, I think you want a different word from 'demand'
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:03 AM   #42
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy11
Hi folks,
A demand from Waldemar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
Here, I think you want a different word from 'demand'
In French, we can use "demande", "attente" or "sollicitation", in English with https://www.wordreference.com/fren I suppose that a better word is "request". I modify the post.

Thanks Sogaiu for your remark/comment/advice/... it's very useful for me
Old 03-30-2018, 03:38 AM   #43
pdfreaderguy
pdfreaderguy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Hi folks,

A request from Waldemar, when you have made a request : be patient, don't send a new e-mail or open a new ticket for the same thing before the end of the delay/ETA/... So the number of mails to read can be reduced. It's annoying to have to read many e-mails from the same person on the same subject, it's represent many time lost because Waldemar try to reply to each message.

I've waited 9 days before to contact Waldemar again. The delay for my request was 5/7 days.

Below, a part of the Waldemar's reply to my request done by the "Contact form". I hope that many of yours could understand the situation.

About the idea to stop the pre-order :

My Max2 is going to be sent Tuesday.
All seems pretty reasonable. Would be easy to have a public facing blog post and update all customers at once.

I can't understand those blaming people who paid for being anxious for news. If someone makes an agreement and the breaks it, the onus is on the breaker to keep the comms clear proactively.

Bookstor seems a good guy. But it'd be so simple to inform customers of delays and set expectations.

Last edited by pdfreaderguy; 03-30-2018 at 03:42 AM.
pdfreaderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:32 AM   #44
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Patience is a lost art.
quite offensive note from your side. And i am not the son of amazon, i actually try to avoid shopping there. This is one of the reasons why i bought a onyx and not a kindle. I think my point of view is clear enough and i would prefer not to explain again that delivery times should be kept by any online shop and, should this not happen, the shop should keep the customers updated, which, again, did not happen. It's as simple as such.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:23 AM   #45
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Quote:
In French, we can use "demande", "attente" or "sollicitation", in English with https://www.wordreference.com/fren I suppose that a better word is "request".
Yes, 'request' sounds more appropriate.

Thanks for the French lesson, it's not a language I have too much familiarity with.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote