Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 05:38 PM   #16
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
Onyx is exhibiting at the CES 2018:

https://youtu.be/1huyi7mgbzY

Last edited by Matilo; 01-11-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #17
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx boox m96 & Boox Max 2
Hey Booxter quick question, Does the note 10.3 have the same software features as the max 2 such as the side note features ( I did not see that on your site i might have over looked). Also, shipping to the U.S. would there be any import tax or fees?; I can't seem to find accurate or exact information online. Thank you.
isaact33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #18
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaact33 View Post
Hey Booxter quick question, Does the note 10.3 have the same software features as the max 2 such as the side note features ( I did not see that on your site i might have over looked). Also, shipping to the U.S. would there be any import tax or fees?; I can't seem to find accurate or exact information online. Thank you.
Yes, as it is shown in the video above.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #19
isaact33
isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isaact33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes thanks just saw it. One thing I am curious about, for me the side note is the most important feature, is the side note compatible with a pdf? I think i saw him switching to a regular book when he opened the side note.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #20
Matilo
Zealot

Quote:
Yes thanks just saw it. One thing I am curious about, for me the side note is the most important feature, is the side note compatible with a pdf? I think i saw him switching to a regular book when he opened the side note.
As I understand it right unfortunately side notes are possible in all other 10 formats but not in pdf.
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #21
isaact33

That is a bummer. I hope they include the compatibility for PDF in a future update. I'm a college student so most of the articles and text books I use is in pdf. That would have been amazing, having a text book on one side and note taking on the other. Thanks for your response Matilo
Old 01-12-2018, 12:40 AM   #22
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Quote:
That is a bummer. I hope they include the compatibility for PDF in a future update. I'm a college student so most of the articles and text books I use is in pdf. That would have been amazing, having a text book on one side and note taking on the other. Thanks for your response Matilo
I assume you can also write your notes on the edge of a pdf file. I think it is more useful for other re-flowable formats.
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #23
isaact33

Yes i usually do right on the edges. Currently i Have a pdf notebook one tab and articles or books on the other. I switch back and forth on the M96. Matilo, Do you know where i can find the formats compatible? I want to see if djvu is one of them; If djvu is then i can just convert the pdfs into that format.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #24
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I can't speak for the 10"3 Note, but on the Max 2 the split-screen notes are available in PDF - actually I'd be surprised if they were available in, say, epub format, since epub doesn't really have pages (page count changes with chosen font size).

The side notes appear a little buggy, though - sometimes the whole side note disappears from the screen, even though it's still in memory. I'm not sure what causes this (it might be because I sometimes touch the left side of the screen - I'm left-handed and so while writing on the right half, my palm will naturally touch the left half)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #25
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Just placed my preorder for the Note. In the cold winter months, one needs something positive to look forward to.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #26
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
I am not going to give in. Maybe Netronix or even Amazon will put out a Mobius device with a microsd slot

Edit: I meant Dasung, not Netronix. Then there is Boyue

Last edited by M4H35H; 01-14-2018 at 12:33 AM.
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #27
isaact33

Thanks Philippe D. that is a relief i am really looking forward for the side note feature. On the other forum, i think max 2 issues, Booxter mentioned that their might be the implementation of rotation as in side note being on the opposite being left handed friendly.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #28
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
I am not going to give in. Maybe Netronix or even Amazon will put out a Mobius device with a microsd slot

Edit: I meant Dasung, not Netronix. Then there is Boyue
Quite understand. I debated long and hard whether or not to make the leap. Then I decided that life is too short.

I like what I am seeing with the Max 2, but think the Note would be a more versatile size. I can use my original Max for those times when I want/need to have a full page view of a document. The Note will be much better for carrying about. I especially like that they have made a proper cover for it as opposed to simply a felt sleeve.

If a better device eventually comes out later, I can always sell the Note and upgrade. Of course, I will take a bit of a financial hit if that occurs, but I will also have had the use of the device during that time.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have built a wiki page for this product: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Onyx_Boox_Note

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #30
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I could see the Note dimensions are
249.5x177.8mm but what are the screen dimensions? Would like to compare it to A4 page.
8.26" x 6.2"

See full description for Onyx Boox Note in our wiki and compare screen sizes.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote