Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:29 AM   #32
gonzo98
gonzo98 began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
Thank you Davidfor but it didn't work for me. Made it worse! but re-imaging the backup got me back to where I was so that's OK. The current image will when powered on make the screen flash (assuming a default test) then go to the kobo read on screen with the seven boxes. The image you kindly sent me said it was going to be truncated to put on MSD card and then failed to do anything when powered on. Any further ideas? Thank you in advance! Gonzo98
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #33
gonzo98
gonzo98 began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
I've just tried with a bigger 16gb MSD card and this too didn't work for me! So frustrating. Kobo won't help as I don't have proof of purchase and can't check via serial number!!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:14 PM   #34
Spode
Spode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one hand

Device: kindle keyboard, kobo h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have sent you a PM with a link to image I have for the WiFi. But...

I'm not sure what is going on here. I thought the WiFi had a model number of N647B. From the pictures I can find for the n289 and N647B, they look identical. And everything refers to them both as a "Kobo Wifi" or "Kobo Wireless". And none of the articles have the specs in enough detail to show the difference.

So, I don't know if this is the correct image for you. I would recommend getting another micro SD card and restoring to that to test.
I'm in the same boat as scubasteve1842. I'd appreciate disk images of both the n289 and the n647 or just the n289 if that's what you have.

Just curious -- do you know, is the n289 an earlier version of the n647? Thanks.

Last edited by Spode; 11-16-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #35
Spode
Spode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one handSpode can read with one hand

Device: kindle keyboard, kobo h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo98 View Post
Thank you Davidfor but it didn't work for me. Made it worse! but re-imaging the backup got me back to where I was so that's OK. The current image will when powered on make the screen flash (assuming a default test) then go to the kobo read on screen with the seven boxes. The image you kindly sent me said it was going to be truncated to put on MSD card and then failed to do anything when powered on. Any further ideas? Thank you in advance! Gonzo98
You probably have an N647. The model number should be on the bottom edge of your Kogo player alongside the cable connection. If what you have is an n647, you can get an n647 image at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230628

They also have n289 images. You can't truncate the image, by the way. You need a new microSD card, at least 2gb. I plan to us a 4gb Class 4 card. I see a lot of success stories with cards that have that capacity. Good luck.

Hope you Kobo is up and working soon. Best of luck.

Last edited by Spode; 11-17-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Advert
Old 12-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #36
blacklime
blacklime began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
Can i please have the link as well?
Old 12-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent
Old 12-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #38
emile12
emile12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Kobo Wifi gone blank: "No books found"

I too would like to get a link to that SD firmware image for my Kobo Wifi model N647.

The reason my Kobo has "died" may be somewhat different however. It seems to boot OK, but finds no books. This happened about a week ago when I powered up the Kobo. I can't remember if the last update was very recent or not. The general settings page says the version number is 1.9.12 dated 10/16/14 (I presume that means October 16, 2014).

After a factory reset, the memory (as seen by a PC) is completely empty. There isn't even a .kobo directory. Neither Calibre nor Kobo desktop recognize the device properly.

I did manage to find a zip file somewhere on the net that supposedly would restore the original sqlite database and associated 100 free ebooks from firmware version 1.4. Calibre was then able to recognize the device and the 100 free books already on the device and even seemed able to upload books to it. But the Kobo still cannot find any books and the Kobo Desktop still does not recognize the device.

All the Kobo support pages are essentially useless for my predicament. They just provide instructions on using Kobo Desktop to perform an update using the Sync function or a factory reset.

I notice that you have already provided links to an image for the N647 Kobo to several people on this forum. On their behalf, I thank you again. However, I think Kobo should really be the ones to provide such an image as it seems that their software is so buggy that their own updates cause the device to fail completely.

As I said, my serious problems with the Kobo started about a week ago and I have already replaced it with a Kindle, which is hopefully better technology (4th generation no-touch, so apparently a fairly old model but it works, contrary to my Kobo). It seems noticeably faster than the Kobo but the default font is quite ugly and it does not support EPUBs, so I think it may have more problems supporting library books than the Kobo.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #39
nabatron
nabatron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Error with firmware update.

Would anyone be able to send me an image of the sd card for the Kobo wifi please?
Mine is stuck in a boot loop and I really don't want to scrap it when it's in such good quality and seems as though it can be fixed.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #40
tragyal0
tragyal0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n289
Hey Everyone,

Same shoes as most of the people here!
Can I get the image for flashing my n289, maybe from SD card I will be able to rebuild the database.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #41
owain
owain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n289
My Kobo N289 (wifi) also needs an image. Would be obliged if someone would send. Many thanks.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #42
in2tiv
in2tiv began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
I have a kobo N647 and could use an image file link also, thks
Old 02-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. And there is no need to post the same request more than once. Or at least, give us a reasonable amount of time to respond.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #44
quiet_nerd
quiet_nerd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi N289
Hello! I have a Kobo Wifi N289 and I am in dire need of the SD card image, would someone be so kind to send me the download link as well? (I hate to revive an old thread but you guys are my last hope)
Old 05-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread

Tags
n647 firmware requested