Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-22-2016, 05:19 AM   #76
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
It's probably about the Release_DriverAssistant.exe or something like that. This installs the adb driver for windows. I've seen the USB3 problem/solution here on the board before.

Gotta learn this new Google English...
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:16 PM   #77
plus
plus began at the beginning.

Device: k4nt, T63HD-JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by qariwa55 View Post
Thanks for the further help. I managed to use the rkflashtool to back up my system and to flash TWRP recovery. I then followed all the steps from your previous post on 10-14-2016. So now I have the multilingual system up and running!

But I cannot do much.
Finally

I didn't include my Moon+ pro in /system/app, so there's no reader app left in a system-only backup.
Moon+ uses the two page turn keys without further mapping ("adb install zthMoonReader.apk"). F-Droid provides Flym, some decent file manager and sudoku apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qariwa55 View Post
adb does NOT seem to work properly. When I type

adb remount

I get the following error message:

remount failed: Operation not permitted

And when I tried:

adb push gapp/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk /system/app/

I got: Read-only file system
If you really need to add Google services (I blame them for bad battery lifetime), remount /system manually:
Spoiler:

1. Copy /gapp/ folder to reader's SD card
2. Reconnect USB and disable USB storage
3. Remount:
Code:
$ adb shell
shell@android $ su -
Grant permission in SuperSU, then
Code:
root@android # mount -o remount,rw /system
4. Copy gapps files
Internal = /sdcard/, external = /mnt/external_sd/
Code:
root@android # cp /sdcard/gapp/*.apk /system/app/
5. Reboot device.

- OR -
Reboot to recovery:
Code:
$ adb reboot recovery
Better unplug usb while TWRP is loading to avoid an irresponsible touchscreen.
Mount /system (isn't by default) and adb push or use TWRP file manager.

Last edited by plus; 10-22-2016 at 09:06 PM.
plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #78
qariwa55
Enthusiast
qariwa55 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus View Post
Finally

I didn't include my Moon+ pro in /system/app, so there's no reader app left in a system-only backup.
Moon+ uses the two page turn keys without further mapping ("adb install zthMoonReader.apk"). F-Droid provides Flym, some decent file manager and sudoku apps.

If you really need to add Google services (I blame them for bad battery lifetime), remount /system manually:
Spoiler:

1. Copy /gapp/ folder to reader's SD card
2. Reconnect USB and disable USB storage
3. Remount:
Code:
$ adb shell
shell@android $ su -
Grant permission in SuperSU, then
Code:
root@android # mount -o remount,rw /system
4. Copy gapps files
Internal = /sdcard/, external = /mnt/external_sd/
Code:
root@android # cp /sdcard/gapp/*.apk /system/app/
5. Reboot device.

- OR -
Reboot to recovery:
Code:
$ adb reboot recovery
Better unplug usb while TWRP is loading to avoid an irresponsible touchscreen.
Mount /system (isn't by default) and adb push or use TWRP file manager.
Hi plus!

Thanks a bunch! Your last instructions worked perfectly. So now I have Google Play, and I installed Moon+ Reader Pro and Dropbox. The device is working, but I have to say that it is a bit clunky and the brightness is backwards: when I put it on dark, it is light and vice versa. And it never gets very bright. It is worse than the T62D that I had.

Last edited by qariwa55; 10-24-2016 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo
qariwa55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:29 PM   #79
plus

Looking forward to Icarus Illumina E654BK's firmware.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:10 AM   #80
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Looking forward to Icarus Illumina E654BK's firmware.
On the Icarus website, it lists the resolution for this device as 1024x768. If that is correct, then this isn't the T63. If the Icarus info is incorrect... well, that's a much more interesting story!
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #81
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
On the Icarus website, it lists the resolution for this device as 1024x768. If that is correct, then this isn't the T63. If the Icarus info is incorrect... well, that's a much more interesting story!
Given that an identical 1024x768 device, the inkBOOK Obsidian, is known to exist, this isn't likely to be a mistake.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #82
plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Seems to be identical to the Ridibooks Paper lite. It is a T63, but no T63HD.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #83
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay. That makes sense.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:35 AM   #84
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
AFAIK, "T63" is the product number of the 300PPI model, "T63HD" (e.g. "T63HD-JD" for the JDRead) is the firmware designation for it. I know of no formal Boyue model number for the Obsidian/Paper Lite model.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:06 PM   #85
plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
AFAIK, "T63" is the product number of the 300PPI model, "T63HD" (e.g. "T63HD-JD" for the JDRead) is the firmware designation for it. I know of no formal Boyue model number for the Obsidian/Paper Lite model.
Ridibooks Paper (T63HD-KC1) and JDRead (T63HD-JD) have 300 dpi displays. -KC1 and -JD is the firmware part, HD seems to indicate different display hardware.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #86
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Ridibooks Paper (T63HD-KC1) and JDRead (T63HD-JD) have 300 dpi displays. -KC1 and -JD is the firmware part, HD seems to indicate different display hardware.
Have you seen the "HD" included outside firmware designations? Have you seen the 1024x768 product officially referred to as the T63?
Old 10-30-2016, 08:35 AM   #87
plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Have you seen the "HD" included outside firmware designations? Have you seen the 1024x768 product officially referred to as the T63?
There are only OEM versions of both readers, there's no official "Boyue T63" to be seen anyway.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #88
daruking
Enthusiast
daruking began at the beginning.

Crap! All I did was connect my T63 to my USB port and ran ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe and now my device is bricked!! I'm on Windows 10.

Never mind...it came back up. Still would love to have this in English!

Last edited by daruking; 11-02-2016 at 11:28 AM.
daruking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:17 AM   #89
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue

Looks like the latest Bouye reader will be T65 looks good though lacks the hardware buttons.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #90
downeaster59
Wizard

After over a week of no tracking updates, I see that my new T63 has entered the USPS system at Chicago. So, I could have it by Saturday, more likely by Monday. Then I'll discover what the multi-language situation is with this Boyue from Banggood and let you all know.