Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #46
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Those patches aren't very easy, and will take too long to update, if not to make. The first one is too time consuming due to the lengthy home screen button handling code, and the second one is nearly impossible due to the same reason (but I might be able to do some changes where it actually updates that list).
I appreciate you taking the time to check it out and reply, even if it's not feasible to make those patches. Thanks.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #47
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
I agree with all. They are good guidelines and LPMode is a very good candidate because all people that need it don't change it never (I suppose).

But geek1011, I will go beyond, is the list of beta options harcoded in nickel (or other file)? May be there's a way to add options to that list (Insert dream here!). Nickel has some option hidden that appear in some circunstances but I don't know how they work.
What do you mean by beta options? If you are talking about the games, my nickel "Show all games" patch will show them.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 02:16 AM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
What do you mean by beta options? If you are talking about the games, my nickel "Show all games" patch will show them.
I think he was referring to adding options under the Beta Features page in Settings. This page has different items shown on different devices so it might be possible to add settings under here. Perhaps something similar to the games patch showing games on devices where they are not normally visible though this is likely to be quite a bit more difficult than a quick glance would suggest.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-23-2018 at 02:19 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:06 AM   #49
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
In your attachments, how do you make the time clock always show on the screen?
MiniClock.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #50
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
MiniClock.
Good luck.
Thanks, just out of curiosity.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #51
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think he was referring to adding options under the Beta Features page in Settings. This page has different items shown on different devices so it might be possible to add settings under here. Perhaps something similar to the games patch showing games on devices where they are not normally visible though this is likely to be quite a bit more difficult than a quick glance would suggest.
Yes, both are correct. I said add to the Beta features in settings and, of course, my last part in the post was about the difficults you point wisely here. It was only my dream write in a post, nothing more
boriar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:32 AM   #52
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Hi, @geek1011 I got another patch request.

Can you put the "Home" and "Settings" entries in the drop list of left corner to the top menu bar both in Home page and Reading Page, put them there as icons just like Brightness/Wifi/Battery icons on the top menu bar, so I can quickly tap the icon to the functions I want.

Icons on the top menu bar are really convenient so I don't have to tap the left-corner icon and select entry in the drop list again.

Last edited by codychan; 11-25-2018 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:13 AM   #53
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Agree that it would be great to add in games, replacing WORD SCRAMBLE, for example

Last edited by Semwize; 11-25-2018 at 01:33 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:27 AM   #54
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
kobopatch request thread

Quote:
As for the side effects, they are more theoretical. For example, as it changes the upgrade check URL, it could cause unusual issues if Kobo ever changes how the upgrade system works. Also, there is the possible bootloop mentioned in the patch description.

My new patch uses the built-in dialog to choose whether to update. I haven't tested the exact behaviour yet, but I will later this week.
Thank you! Maybe I’ll switch to the new patch then... maybe Mostly depending on whether it would mean saying no to the new firmware every single time it synced (ugh) and whether there’d still be a ‘danger’ of updating on a restart (ie if tgz is not deleted). I’ll wait for your test results

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Request: Right recommendation slot on the 2nd row always goes to Pocket Articles (aka "My Articles")?

Ooohhh I would really really love this too!

Quote:
Those patches aren't very easy, and will take too long to update, if not to make. The first one is too time consuming due to the lengthy home screen button handling code, and the second one is nearly impossible due to the same reason (but I might be able to do some changes where it actually updates that list).

A didn’t see this till later. What s shame! Thank you for investigating.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 11-25-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:11 PM   #55
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have implemented a new ReplaceZlibGroup instruction at the request of jcn363.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #56
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
I have implemented a new ReplaceZlibGroup instruction at the request of jcn363.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 PM   #57
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
Hi, @geek1011 I got another patch request.

Can you put the "Home" and "Settings" entries in the drop list of left corner to the top menu bar both in Home page and Reading Page, put them there as icons just like Brightness/Wifi/Battery icons on the top menu bar, so I can quickly tap the icon to the functions I want.

Icons on the top menu bar are really convenient so I don't have to tap the left-corner icon and select entry in the drop list again.
Sorry to bother you, @geek1011 , have you ever considered this patch request?
I know you are very busy recently, but I guess that you might miss this.

If this cannot be done, please let me know too. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:55 AM   #58
price
price began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One

Hi, Dear @geek1011, I have a request.
In recent updates, the "wifi test url" have been changed from apple.com or microsoft.com to kobo.com. The result is that sometimes my Kobo cannot connect to the wifi, due to the failure of the wifi test (kobo.com is not available in some regions).
As illustrated here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=wifi+test+url
So is there a way to change the url, or just skip this and connect the wifi directly?
I would be gratitude for that!
price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:50 AM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by price View Post

Hi, Dear @geek1011, I have a request.
In recent updates, the "wifi test url" have been changed from apple.com or microsoft.com to kobo.com. The result is that sometimes my Kobo cannot connect to the wifi, due to the failure of the wifi test (kobo.com is not available in some regions).
As illustrated here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=wifi+test+url
So is there a way to change the url, or just skip this and connect the wifi directly?
I would be gratitude for that!
You can do this without a patch.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #60
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Sorry to bother you, @geek1011 , have you ever considered this patch request?
I know you are very busy recently, but I guess that you might miss this.

If this cannot be done, please let me know too. Thanks.
Nope. This is not possible, at least with the way nickel is currently structured.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests