Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-01-2016, 06:39 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Missing CSS properties

Hi

First I must say that Koreader has been my reader of choice for more than one year now. It began with a Kobo Glo and I use it now with a -jailbroken- PW3. As you can imagine I am also a fan of the EPUB format for its own qualities and freedom.

This said, I can't but notice that Koreader, even when it has to apply the integrated stylesheet fails to display some CSS properties.

For images, on another thread, I noticed:
- everything svg related, including common svg wrappers for cover.
- max-width
- float

For text (unless I missed something), I spotted:
- vertical-align (superscript value text-top is not displayed)
- text-transform: uppercase (value ignored)

I will add on this thread other items whenever I find them.

EDIT Now a little fussy thing. Nothing serious but 100 times in a book is too much

I have been using this code for quite a long time. It displays fine with most readers but for Koreader where the expected "three stars effect" is ruined. Somebody knows why?
- left screenshot : expected display with Calibre editor
- right screenshot : Koreader unexpected display.

Spoiler:

Code:
p.ParagEtoile {
  margin: 0;
  border: none;
  padding-top: 1em;
  padding-bottom: 0.5em;
  text-align: center;
  line-height: 0.5;
  font-size: 83%;
  text-shadow: 1pt 1pt;
  letter-spacing: 0.08em;
  text-indent: 0;
}

Then a layman question: does adding a missing CSS property requires a lot of work? Can we expect to see them one day or is it technically undoable?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	etoile.png
Views:	402
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	149096   Click image for larger version

Name:	etoile2.png
Views:	384
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	149097  

Last edited by roger64; 06-01-2016 at 12:08 PM. Reason: three stars thing
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote