Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-18-2022, 10:46 AM   #1
travtufts
travtufts began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Command Line to add formats from directory to calibredb

Hi all,

I'm not very proficient working with command line, but was able to batch convert my entire Calibre library of EPUBs to kepub format using kepubify in the terminal on Mac OS.

I KNOW this is not what many of you would advise since I shouldn't be mucking around underneath the file structure of Calibre. But it's done now.

Is there a way to batch update the database so Calibre recognizes the additional formats of the existing books? I know I can do it one by one in the GUI but I'm hoping there's a more elegant way to do it by batch in the terminal.

Thank you!
travtufts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb add_format book_id /path/to/format/file

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...calibredb.html

But you will have to write a script that traverses the calibre library folder gets the path to the kepub file, extracts the book_id fromthe foldername and then moves the kepub file to /tmp and calls calibredb add_format to add it properly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, calibredb calibre-server, kepubify