Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 10:40 PM   #106
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I got both installed in less than 25 minutes as both were installing on their respective devices concurrently.

App Updates

Immediately after updating the OSes, I went to the App Store app to check for updates to apps. On the iPad there were 7 updates waiting. I checked just before updating to iPadOS and there wer zero. I had to manually refresh the screen a few time on the iPhone though before it updated the list from 0 to 7. So iOS 13.1 continues to have some refresh issues it seems.
I think this is normal, or at least reasonable. If app update is approved following Apple’s decision to release an update, it is better to hold the app updates until after the system update.

Moreover, app developers may be proactively fixing things they discovered in testing with the beta, and putting the fixes in the app update for that version, so users don’t have to wait days after update to get the fix.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #107
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
My photo sync problem appears to have fixed itself. The times the screen seems unresponsive to touch has mostly gone away too.
leebase is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #108
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
This IOS release seem flaky to me also. I've had to restart twice now. The last time, the badge on my recents wouldn't go away and a call would fail after some amount of time (maybe a minute) and I couldn't use an automated phone number that relied on entering numbers from the touch pad.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #109
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Certainly has not been Apple's best year for OS bugs. I'm just grateful that for me they've been in the "occasional annoyance" category and not something more serious.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #110
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Certainly has not been Apple's best year for OS bugs. I'm just grateful that for me they've been in the "occasional annoyance" category and not something more serious.
There are always bugs. It's just a question of severity and whether it affects you.

Restoring from iTunes backup with settings leftover from previous iOS and app versions increases the likelihood of encountering bugs. Alas, it's a hassle to setup as new so I always restore anyway.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #111
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
There are always bugs. It's just a question of severity and whether it affects you.

Restoring from iTunes backup with settings leftover from previous iOS and app versions increases the likelihood of encountering bugs. Alas, it's a hassle to setup as new so I always restore anyway.
Maybe that's why I don't run into them as much. I always set up as a new device. I then install apps that I am currently using, so a lot of cruff goes by the way side. It is a bit of a pain, for sure. Got to remember all those passwords and download a fair amount of content with regard to apps like Zinio, Kindle, music, books, CC and the like, so it can take a few days to get everything back where I want it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #112
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
They are up to 13.2.2 with "bug fixes and improvements" now.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #113
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dictation is a little messed up if you add more than a couple of keyboard languages. One of iOS 13’s features is ability to handle bilingual dictation without having to manually switch the keyboard. I’m studying Russian Spanish and French in Duolingo so I have those keyboards set up. I use dictation to get some help typing and spelling while also getting practice saying things correctly. I manually switch to the proper language (Duolingo used to do this for you but now it doesn’t for some reason) but it sometimes spits out text in one of the other languages after starting out in the correct one. Also with Spanish it frequently neglects to supply the proper diacritic and I have to clean up the spelling or my answer is rejected.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #114
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
i have been having that problem since iOS 13 came out. Fortunately you can often find the correct transcription under the "replace" option on the long press menu. It is an extra step, unfortunately, but better than having to try it all over again.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #115
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I still haven’t had any issues of note with iOS 13 on my iPhone XR, but iPadOS 13 continues to have issues on my iPad Pro 9.7”. Mostly they are screen related with screen freezes and touch issues. Nothing major but definitely annoying. I have to restart the ipad every few days to clear out one issue or another. I think Apple should have only released iOS 13 this Fall and waited 6 months or so to release iPadOS after they had time to get it closer to what it should be.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #116
leebase
Karma Kameleon

I have had the touch issues on my iPad Mini 5th gen (this past spring). Installed 13.2.2 last night. Fingers crossed.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:29 PM   #117
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I’m running 13.2.2 and still getting the totally messed up screen when I turn my iPad Pro 9.7” on. See attached. Obviously some weird stuff still going on even this far after iPadOS 13 was released.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DFE0FE43-A0F3-4DE7-8839-26516D5612C2.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	174801  
Old 11-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #118
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Well, to reiterate, that particular error is not even iOS 13 specific. It's been an occasional glitch ever since they introduced the new dock.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #119
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Well, to reiterate, that particular error is not even iOS 13 specific. It's been an occasional glitch ever since they introduced the new dock.
Well I never encountered it prior to iPadOS 13. If it has been around since before, then they have an even bigger explanation to give for not getting it fixed. It certainly should have been fixed by now.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #120
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
i have been having that problem since iOS 13 came out. Fortunately you can often find the correct transcription under the "replace" option on the long press menu. It is an extra step, unfortunately, but better than having to try it all over again.
But it should at least always spell Español correctly.