Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
menan
menan began at the beginning.

Device: irex DR800S
cannot start ebook anymore

I was reading and suddenly my ebook stopped. I cannot reset or whatever. I cannot use anymore. Does someone have any idea what to do?
menan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by menan View Post
I was reading and suddenly my ebook stopped. I cannot reset or whatever. I cannot use anymore. Does someone have any idea what to do?
Maybe the battery is empty, can you charge it for an hour and then try to reset/restart again?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
menan

i charched the battery for almost 1,5 day. the laptop could open the files one time, but nothing to see on the irex. i formatted the irex, but now the computer cannot see the irex anymore. i wil try that more and put back the old files in the irex, but i think the problem will stay that the irex does not show anything anymore
Old 08-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Something similar happened to me on my DR800. I was able to get it started by removing the battery for a minute, reconnecting it, and then plugging the reader into a charger. It still took a little while before the screen came back on. When if finally did I saw that the battery was completely drained according to the indicator on the reader.

Hope it works for you.
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I have heard of a couple instances where the battery became disconnected. Maybe that's the problem?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by menan View Post
i charched the battery for almost 1,5 day. the laptop could open the files one time, but nothing to see on the irex. i formatted the irex, but now the computer cannot see the irex anymore. i wil try that more and put back the old files in the irex, but i think the problem will stay that the irex does not show anything anymore
I assume you did use the same method to charge the DR that worked sucessfull in the past, but to be sure. How did you charge, a laptop USB-port might not deliver enough current to load the battery? Also some wall-chargers are not good enough.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:29 AM   #7
menan

I charched on the network as well on the laptop. I charched about 48 hours. I already send it back to the shop where i bought it. I have garantee, so they will look at it now