Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 AM   #1
shramama
shramama began at the beginning.

Device: QUE reader
Some questions about Que reader

I need a device which is meant to be used as an educational instrument. What I want to do with it*mostly*is to refer to wikipedia, so web browsing is a must.

Im a Korean college student. The only way I can refer to wikipedia at the library is to bring my netbook, wait until it boots up and run the web browser. Not only that it's just a troublesomeness, but the LCD display is not meant to be viewed for a lot of time.

iPad is a nice device, but it doesnt seem to be appropriate for educational purposes. iPad is just for a temporal pleasure. Plus, Im already happy with my iPhone.

And.. a large and a high resolution display because I need to view some musical scores without scrolling it or pinching it in and out.

I found E ink display preferable because it*doesn't tire my eyes and the battery life is enough.

Though a little pricy, I found that Que reader seems to be a desirable one for my uses, but Im dissapointed with the news that web browsing is not supported.

What I want to know is whether these features which are not stipulated on the internet everywhere i could find out could possibly be unlocked or hacked by some geeky person, like, whether those features are technically hackable.
Here are some.

1. Web browsing

2. Quick reference to an embedded dictionary -*a*window*pops*up*and shows the meaning of the word which I dont know

3. Bluetooth connectivity with my netbook - I can transfer files to Que reader wirelessly via bluetooth not USB

4. Multi language support - sometimes I need to view some Korean/Japanese articles*

Last edited by shramama; 03-22-2010 at 03:28 AM.
shramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
no one knows because they are not available yet.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert