Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Flaky Reader Behaviour

My PRS-600 was fully charged on Thursday via AC adaptor. I haven't used it for 2 days, and tried to turn it on today. The battery was completely dead, and the reader wouldn't turn on until it had been plugged in. It had lost all progress in the book I was reading.

I charged it up again but now the next page button seems sticky - pressing it causes it to just keep paging forward as though I was holding it down. Is it possible that the button is faulty and that was why the battery was drained?

Anyone else experienced anything strange like this?
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
I charged it up again but now the next page button seems sticky - pressing it causes it to just keep paging forward as though I was holding it down. Is it possible that the button is faulty and that was why the battery was drained?
I didn't experience anything like this so far, but your explanation sounds just too reasonable. I find that the both buttons on the right side of the home button are more what I expect of a button. They have quite some distinct click to it while the two buttons on the left seem kind of flimsy. They just don't feel as much of a button. I'll keep an eye on my buttons.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Well, it seems to be behaving now after I reset it (it was taking an age to turn pages and eventually just seemed to lock up).

This is the second time that the battery has drained very fast though, and it starts to be a concern. Perhaps I have too many books on it (793).
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote