Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-18-2023, 08:51 AM   #16
Bald Eagle
Connoisseur
Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
While it says 5.4.4.19 on the page, the version that gets installed is actually 5.4.4.21 which is the very one which broke reader support.
Bald Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:13 AM   #17
staceytoob
staceytoob began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
Oh, so it wasn't just me. I don't auto-update and I'm still running 5.4.4.19 (410) however, so it may have been an Android thing...

Anyway, I fiddled around with the folder locations in Settings. I set it to sd card (which i don't have) then reset to the original CC folder, and added this other folder that seems to have the same books, which i assume is where my reader keeps its data. By and by, it worked itself out.
staceytoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2023, 07:36 PM   #18
Bastet
Bastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it is

Device: Android Tablet
Does anyone have a clean APK of the last good CC for Android?

I know I can search for it, but I just don't know which ones are good or how to make sure I don't get something that's going to eat my face off. Can anyone provide a link? Thank you!
Bastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 10:15 PM   #19
Bastet
Bastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it isBastet knows what time it is

Device: Android Tablet
Is there any chance you could share that apk - or where you got it? Thank you!
Bastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 04:52 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The apk is still copyrighted. Distribution by other than authorized sources is not allowed.
Moderator Notice

MR does not allow help violating copyrights. Don't ask again.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2023, 05:25 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The apk is still copyrighted. Distribution by other than authorized sources is not allowed.

MR does not allow help violating copyrights. Don't ask again.
What about old but original versions?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:46 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
What about old but original versions?
Rights were transferred to the buyer (this is usually why companies get bought up. To get those IP rights.) .
Old 12-04-2023, 04:37 PM   #23
Querfeldein
Querfeldein began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab A
Mir ist aufgefallen, dass dieses Problem nur bei meinen Geräten auftritt, die den Ordner mit den ebooks auf einer SD-Karte liegen haben. Bei internem Speicher funktioniert es noch ...
Hat jemand ähnliche Erfahrungen gemacht?

I noticed that this problem only occurs on my devices that have the folder with the ebooks on an SD card. With internal storage it still works...
Has anyone had similar experiences?
Querfeldein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:44 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats

My books are on the SDcard on my Tab A... But I am running the last of the original CC version (auto update is disabled and I never us ALL)
Old 12-05-2023, 02:28 PM   #25
sko3269
sko3269 began at the beginning.

Device: Dragon Touch Notepad
I have two different android tablets, both with CC 5.4.4.21, and Moonreader+ 8.5. They have behaved flawlessly for over a year. Over the last couple of days, one tablet started having this same problem with not recognizing a reader, the other is fine (fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx myself). I installed another reader (FBReader) to test, and still no-go. @#$%^!!! And wondering how a project is abandoned, yet still updating?
sko3269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 01:13 AM   #26
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (Tab S8) and a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I have all the same books on both devices. Both devices are running CC 5.4.4.21 (413). Both devices have the identical library stored on internal drives (no SD cards). I use Moon Reader+ Pro on both devices and have for years. My phone works fine. CC on my tablet now tells me that I don't have a reader installed and points me to FAQs if I think that I do have a reader that no longer exists.
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 05:29 AM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sko3269 View Post
I have two different android tablets, both with CC 5.4.4.21, and Moonreader+ 8.5. They have behaved flawlessly for over a year. Over the last couple of days, one tablet started having this same problem with not recognizing a reader, the other is fine (fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx myself). I installed another reader (FBReader) to test, and still no-go. @#$%^!!! And wondering how a project is abandoned, yet still updating?
ad insertion (automated)?
I see way too many updates for various aps with little (obvious) need to update. I suspect this is a play store mandate.
I not much for pure cosmetic (visual look, eye candy) changes.
Old 12-13-2023, 06:15 PM   #28
eppythacher
Connoisseur
eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.eppythacher can teach chickens to fly.

Device: prs-500, prs-650
I'm having the same issue as well

I'm having the same issue as well, asks if I have a reader installed after updating app.
eppythacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 11:00 PM   #29
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Almost same issue.
Doesn't see Moon+ Pro
Does see FB2 reader and Yandex's reader (which can't actually open anything).
Also, backup configuration was not possible
In addition - configuration backup did not work (it said file is readonly).
Restored to version 5.4.4.20 build 412 from backup made by Swift Backup (without resorting to restoring to my manual apk archive) but have to uninstall app first. Also have to resync data.
Why such updates without status announcement?
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 12:21 AM   #30
Dougal
Dougal began at the beginning.

Device: Z Fold 4
Same issue yesterday. Fix for me was in Calibre Companion Settings->Other->Clear default reader apps. Next time I opened a book it offered the few reader apps on phone and I was able to select Moon Reader and set as default.
Hope this helps.
Dougal is offline   Reply With Quote