Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2020, 08:54 PM   #181
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released v1.22.1!

Some minor tweaks to the fbink_reinit changes introduced in 1.22.0, and a fix for the fbink_cls issue on rotated 16bpp fbs reported earlier by @taos .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:16 AM   #182
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
delete

Last edited by Semwize; 05-13-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #183
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Semwize: :?
Old 05-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #184
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
a fix for the fbink_cls issue on rotated 16bpp fbs
Solved the problems in both scripts.

Oh, and the animation works well started from both KSM9 and Nickel Menu Two for one! Okay, I had to increase the sleep value a little, so the cls before the start of the animation happens after the PID pop-up message of Nickel Menu...
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #185
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That wouldn't have been an issue via NickelMenu, because Nickel doesn't run in an insane bitdepth & rotation anymore .
Advert
Old 09-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #186
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.22.2!

Some minor updates and fixes, and initial support for the Kobo Nia.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #187
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.23.0!

Quite a few changes this time around .

A few bugfixes around padding and line-wrapping in the fixed-cell codepath, various font & dependencies updates, and a couple of new API calls to make dealing with multiple fonts less clunky in the OT codepath.
Also, more Kobo rotation trickery, because I like pain >_<".
Old 12-13-2020, 07:36 PM   #188
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.23.1!

Mainly a few small tweaks & fixes .
Old 01-19-2021, 02:48 PM   #189
Acorn
Connoisseur
Acorn is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Hey, thanks for putting all the work into making this! Is there any documentation? I'd love to do some tinkering and try and create something basic with touch interaction using py-fbink and Kobo-Input-Python, but I'm not sure where to start with getting to grips with the fbink concepts.

Concepts like Config, State, how to move something from one part of the screen to another without refreshing the whole display (i.e. drawing over the old position).

Any suggestions on where to look to get a better understanding? Sorry if these questions are super basic, I don't have much experience with low level graphics, or cffi.
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:11 PM   #190
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Hey, thanks for putting all the work into making this! Is there any documentation? I'd love to do some tinkering and try and create something basic with touch interaction using py-fbink and Kobo-Input-Python, but I'm not sure where to start with getting to grips with the fbink concepts.

Concepts like Config, State, how to move something from one part of the screen to another without refreshing the whole display (i.e. drawing over the old position).

Any suggestions on where to look to get a better understanding? Sorry if these questions are super basic, I don't have much experience with low level graphics, or cffi.
You should really look at the public header, it contains very, very useful information. With CFFI, it should be similar to implement.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:26 PM   #191
Acorn
Connoisseur

Thanks NiMa! That's super helpful, gives me somewhere to get started. Will also look at what https://github.com/Mavireck/Kobo-Dashboard/ is doing, might actually be able to get something working!

Plan is to try and make a chess interface for playing games on lichess.org
Old 01-19-2021, 05:26 PM   #192
Acorn
Connoisseur

What's the best way to experiment and test code using py-fbink? Is there a way to quickly run code on the device over wifi? Has anyone made a small utility that would help to do this? I guess you could mount the device over SSH, and add a bash script to NickelMenu that executes the code whenever it changes..
Old 01-19-2021, 05:27 PM   #193
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Err, just run stuff in an SSH shell?
Old 01-19-2021, 05:58 PM   #194
Acorn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Err, just run stuff in an SSH shell?
Oh yeah, of course, was just thinking how to keep the project in sync on the device as I edit it on my laptop. Lots of ways to skin this cat
Old 01-19-2021, 06:03 PM   #195
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, I don't generally overthink that part, so that usually means scp or rsync ;p.