Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-02-2024, 10:50 AM   #1
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Calibre Connector - looking for beta testers

I've written an iOS program that I call calibre connector that has the same basic functionality as the old calibre companion. I use a very different UI approach, one that is perhaps closer to the Kobo UI, but it connects to a Calibre server, downloads the meta data and books, then allows the user to pull up a book and open that book in the reading app of your choice.

I've been using the app on my iPads and iPhone since mid November and it suits my needs, but I thought others might want to try it. Thus my plan is to put it on the Apple App store as a free app and to release the source as open source.

As we all know, developers are terrible at testing their own code, so I'm looking for a few beta testers who are willing to give it a try and give me some feed back. If you are interested please let me know.
thanks
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:47 PM   #2
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I would be happy to test it out. Before retiring, I often tested programs that others had written. If it can be broken, I can usually do it, even now, unintentionally.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 01:10 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I would happy to test out too. I usually always have a "good hand" to find bugs.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:29 AM   #4
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Happy to test. IOS app.
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 01:54 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've released the App in the app store. If you are interested, go to the app store and search for calibre connector. It's a free app with no ads.

The support url is https://www.phillipwwalker.net/

This particular app is a hobby app. I wanted the functionality, so I wrote an app to do it. It has a somewhat different approach than the old calibre companion did. BTW - I PM'ed the creator of Calibre Companion to let him know what I was doing. I really like that app and use it on my kindle fire.

Calibre Connector has some different things, such as syncing, i.e. automatically download any missing books and a reading list. I support the user defined columns in Calibre that I actually use. The app is open source, with the open source URL on the Under the Hood page on the support website.

As can be inferred from this, the app is provided as is. I simply don't have the resources to provide a lot of support. It's been tested on an iPhone, an iPad mini and a iPad Pro.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:51 AM   #6
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Any chance of creating an Android version?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:31 AM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Any chance of creating an Android version?
No, I looked at Android programming years ago and then went in the Apple direction.