Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 02:52 AM   #16
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
You'd also maybe want to introduce her to the original DragonLance Chronicles series. Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, and Dragons of Spring Dawning...
I agree these are good ones. Both my husband and son enjoyed this series by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.

My younger son is almost 11 and has the same reading taste as your daughter. He also likes:
Garth Nix--Mr. Monday series
Divide and Back to the Divide by Elizabeth Kay
Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series
Angie Sage's Septimus Heap series (Magyk, Flyte, etc)
Chris D'Lacey, The Fire Within

There are other books that look good to me in the 8-12 age section at the bookstore, but he doesn't like stories with girl protagonists. (He still thinks girls have cooties.)
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #17
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I think I know the same girls.

You might take a look at the Littlist Dragon Rider; one of Anne McCaffrey's books.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #18
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Also unrelated to dragons but an interestingly mature children's series is the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote