Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
save to disk template

Is there any way to make a conditional template for the save to disk feature?
I want to put series and series number in file name with dashes if there is a series and no dashes if there is no series.
Thanks Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All that can be done with templates is described here:

http://docs.python.org/library/strin...#formatstrings
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Thanks I wil perservere
Agghhh! Pain Headache

New version Rocks BTW
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
matanic
Enthusiast
matanic began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Aura H2O
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have a similar issue, but nothing I've tried works.
matanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Going to resurrect this thread rather than create a new one (as I think my question is similar to the OPs).

With the Save to Disk, my current template is {author_sort[0]}_author/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} {title} and it works well.

Is it possible to add a publisher tag at the start, but only for a specified publisher name?

eg: Able to specify Feedbooks as the publisher so when I export all my books to the device, it will appear;

Feedbooks/A_Author/Author/Series/
And all other books;
A_Author/Author/Series/
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Going to resurrect this thread rather than create a new one (as I think my question is similar to the OPs).

With the Save to Disk, my current template is {author_sort[0]}_author/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} {title} and it works well.

Is it possible to add a publisher tag at the start, but only for a specified publisher name?

eg: Able to specify Feedbooks as the publisher so when I export all my books to the device, it will appear;

Feedbooks/A_Author/Author/Series/
And all other books;
A_Author/Author/Series/
Yes, but you will always have to select the proper template first
AND
Filter (luggage tag) on Publisher, "Feedbooks" so all that you get to send in bulk are the same pub.

Feedbooks/{author_sort[0]}_author/{authors}/{series}
Note:no braces. a literal
I know of no other way to assign a specific "template to use", or "storage to use" to a title I am always ing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
russell359
russell359 began at the beginning.

Device: GreenBook
hi, i'm trying to create a recipe for http://www.taipeitimes.com all i want is to know how to add /print to the end of the article url to access the print version of the article url. it says here http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...n-of-bbc-co-uk how to replace the beginning of a url but not how to add something to the end... can someone please help?
thanks
russell
russell359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell359 View Post
all i want is to know how to add /print to the end of the article url
You're in the wrong thread, but since the answer is easy, I'll add it it here:

Add this to your recipe:

Code:
def print_version(self, url):
        print_url = url + '/print'
        return print_url
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
russell359
russell359 began at the beginning.

Device: GreenBook
oops, sorry about that, but thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
You're in the wrong thread, but since the answer is easy, I'll add it it here:

Add this to your recipe:

Code:
def print_version(self, url):
        print_url = url + '/print'
        return print_url
russell359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:02 AM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes, but you will always have to select the proper template first
AND
Filter (luggage tag) on Publisher, "Feedbooks" so all that you get to send in bulk are the same pub.

Feedbooks/{author_sort[0]}_author/{authors}/{series}
Note:no braces. a literal
I know of no other way to assign a specific "template to use", or "storage to use" to a title I am always ing
Thanks for that. Currently I select all books by Feedbooks and save to disk and create a feedbooks folder and hit ok, then I select the remainder and save one directory up, so I get the layout I want, just makes it, as you say, a juggling act to sync books with ease with the reader.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote