Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
hornetoli
hornetoli began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Metadata edit error

Dear all,

I have been using Calibre succesfully and gratefuly for several years now.
Currently I am running the latest version 3.25.0 64bit on my Windows 10 machine.

My database had been growing over the past years and I didn't encounter any issue. But since ~May this year I am suddenly having issues with editing metadata.

When I press the edit metadata button, attached error message will appear. Irrespective of the type of ebook format, age of entry (existing or new) etc.
This didn't happen before on the same machine with same OS etc. Only Calibre might have been a previous version.

I already tried to remove and clean Calibre and install freshly without success.

Kindly ask the expert for a hint what it could be and ideally for some support how to solve.

Thx!

Kind regards, hornetoli
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	164381  
hornetoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That is a bug, but you must run Calibre in Debug Mode to capture the debugging information. Post that log file back here so the bug's owner can fix it. Hover your mouse under Preferences to see the Debug Mode restart option. After restarting, cause that error several times with different books, then exit from Calibre. Save the log that is displayed.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
hornetoli

Hi DaltonST & all,

thx for the instructions - kindly find attached the according log file.

Kind regards, hornetoli
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpo5xko7.txt (8.5 KB, 153 views)
Old 06-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an interesting error, it indicates something really weird has happened to you database, it has number in the series column instead of text for some books. Attach the metadata.db file from your calibre library folder and I could tell you more.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:41 AM   #5
hornetoli

Hi kovidgoyal,

kindly find the metadata DB attached.

kind regards, hornetoli
Attached Files
File Type: gz metadata.db.gz (886.7 KB, 197 views)
Advert
Old 06-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

THanks, I'll take a look at it when I have a moment, in the meantime, you can probably recover your database using the Library maintenance restore database tool.

Right click the calibre icon on the main toolbar in the calibre window, choose library maintenance and restore database.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #7
hornetoli

Dear kovidgoyal,

thx a lot - worked like a charm!

Restoration seems completed with only few warnings / errors:

calibre, version 3.25.0
ACHTUNG: Erfolgreich: Wiederherstellung der Datenbank wurde erfolgreich mit einigen Warnungen durchgeführt. Klicken Sie für weitere Informationen auf "Details anzeigen". Die alte Datenbank wurde unter folgendem Namen gespeichert: E:\Calibre Library\Komplett\metadata_pre_restore.db

Failed to restore the books in the following folders:
E:\Calibre Library\Komplett\Tintenherz\Tintenherz (7336) with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\db\restore.py", line 255, in restore_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 63, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 2071, in restore_book
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1559, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 845, in execute
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
ConstraintError: ConstraintError: UNIQUE constraint failed: books.id

That doesn't look to serious to me and can be fixed.
And most important - edititing metadata seems to work again good!

Thank you very much - dhanyavaad!

kind regards, hornetoli
Old 06-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I took a look at the db file and it looks like database corruption, there are basically a few entries in the series table with very high id numbers and nueric values for the series name. Sadly there's no way to know how they got into the database. Keep any eye out, if it recurs, try to narrow down what yu were doing just before the problem happened.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
hornetoli

Will do so and thx again!
Old 10-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #10
MFrob
MFrob began at the beginning.

Device: Generic E-reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
THanks, I'll take a look at it when I have a moment, in the meantime, you can probably recover your database using the Library maintenance restore database tool.

Right click the calibre icon on the main toolbar in the calibre window, choose library maintenance and restore database.
Dear KovidGoyal,
I read this thread because I am having similar problems. I am unable to Bulk-edit meta-data in Calibre for several days now. I select several epubs that I have added into Calibre from a folder on my laptop, then I click on "Edit Metadata" and click "swipe title and author". However every time I try this Calibre gives me an error message as follows: "error 32 'Deletefile'. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I have turned off my anti-virus, uninstalled Calibre 64bit and reinstalled Calibre 32bit but nothing works.
It sounds like you helped Hornetoli however I unfortunately do not speak computer and cannot understand or follow the steps or solutions that you and your team exchanged with Hornetoli and how you resolved that issue. Can you help me with my own Calibre issue please?
MFrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:38 AM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you tried restarting your computer?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote