Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
deepinon
deepinon began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Cool Iliad Wireless and battery life

I bought the Iliad reader recently. I have noticed the the wireless icon is always on even if I am not doing anything online. Is there a way to switch it off? I was wondering the wireless module in the reader is draining the battery for doing nothing. Any ideas?
deepinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:40 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The icon you are probably referring to is the "background connect" icon. Its always there. It inverts if the iLiad is making a connection in the background. The WiFi should be turned off while it is not used.

Normal battery life should last between 12 and 15 hours. When WiFi is permanently on, this battery lifetime should be reduced by approximately 50%.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery, iliad, irex, life, wireless