Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #31
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Based on the previous posts by Justy and peterbbb, I think I'll contact Bookeen to see if maybe there was a round of "faulty" deluxe covers that won't fold.
Mine wasn't sent immediately, as they were out of stock when I ordered the Cybook.

Or even better, I'll try and mention it during the conversation if somebody from Bookeen comes at the apero tomorrow
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #32
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Based on the previous posts by Justy and peterbbb, I think I'll contact Bookeen to see if maybe there was a round of "faulty" deluxe covers that won't fold.
Mine wasn't sent immediately, as they were out of stock when I ordered the Cybook.

Or even better, I'll try and mention it during the conversation if somebody from Bookeen comes at the apero tomorrow
I'm interested in the outcome. But I strongly believe that the real leather covers can bend back and that the (cheaper) non leather black ones which come with the deluxe package (but aren't the deluxe covers) can't.

Let us know what you discover.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #33
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Hmm, my brown leather deluxe cover from bookeen didn't fold back very good at the beginning. But now, after a few weeks of use, it folds back quite nicely and without any creases.
Maybe the leather just needs some folding "practice"?
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #34
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Ok, the apero brought me the solution :
the black deluxe cover can fold too !

You just have to push a little bit more and it will fold.
The folding happens closer to the back of the cover than for the regular folding, and it is possible that the front of the cover gets marked a bit, but it is far easier to read this way.
It folds flat, and the back does not meet up with the font.

I'll try and see if I can post some photos to demonstrate what I mean.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Ok, the apero brought me the solution :
the black deluxe cover can fold too !

You just have to push a little bit more and it will fold.
The folding happens closer to the back of the cover than for the regular folding, and it is possible that the front of the cover gets marked a bit, but it is far easier to read this way.
It folds flat, and the back does not meet up with the font.

I'll try and see if I can post some photos to demonstrate what I mean.
thank goodness we had it then !! are you glad you made the trip now ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #36
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thank goodness we had it then !! are you glad you made the trip now ?
Yes !

And I would go even farther, by saying that I'm glad it took place for more than just discovering I could fold my Cybook cover !
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #37
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes !

And I would go even farther, by saying that I'm glad it took place for more than just discovering I could fold my Cybook cover !
another apéro, another resounding success !
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #38
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
another apéro, another resounding success !
Yeah, but still no pictures... *grumble grumble*
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Yeah, but still no pictures... *grumble grumble*
(pssst ! slite ! https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=10 )

ahem. we now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #40
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
(pssst ! slite ! https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=10 )

ahem. we now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.
Now we want captions with names. Who's who... left to right, right to left, whatever.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote