Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
mikesmithfl
Senior Jr Member (>29)
mikesmithfl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
new PE owner needs help w eink rdr

Hi - just got 2 new PEs from Woot (1 for a gift) - such a deal! but... they both seem to have problems with the reader. when I try to use the journal or to annotate a PDF, the reader doesn't do anything. I can't get any of the menu items to activate either. but if I use the stylus to do something anywhere on the reader, vertical bars appear on the far right edge of the reader screen. has anybody seen anything like this before? I tried googling the web and searching thru this forum (and the archive) but I haven't seen anything like this anywhere. a l i t t l e h e l p pls?

BTW - the reader displays all the pdf's and such just fine, and advances with the outside buttons. I fully charged them before even turning them on, and I'm using the stylus that came with them. I hope there's just something I neglected to do first, but I've watched the videos and read the guide and can't see anything mentioned.

Tks
Mike
mikesmithfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
itachi1
itachi1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Have you tried calibrating the reader side?

Settings --> Display --> Reader screen calibrator, using the stylus.
itachi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
mikesmithfl
Senior Jr Member (>29)
mikesmithfl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I hadn't found that calibrator - it was hidden off the bottom of the LCD and I hadn't thought to drag the list upward.

Thanks! that was it. MUCH Appreciated!

Mike
mikesmithfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Mike - the scroll button works really well for navigating to unseen items on the LCD screen, as well.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
malfunction, not working, pocket edge, reader screen