Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #16
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
This looks to be the same as my 11/27 CIS update but at least the Russian language is gone.
I have been using it for a few days and I agree it is much better than the 11/20 version.

Thanks and still reading, playing with apps, and anxiously waiting for Froyo 2.2
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
All I have to say is...

A very nice improvement. The IQ seems to run faster.

If we can get 2.2, PB would show Velocity & Pandigital how it is done (since they only have 2.0 I believe).
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #18
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Dictionary

It seems that the reader app works quite well after the update.
However, I have to say something about it.
It sometimes takes too long time to open a PDF file. The same PDF file is loaded in different speeds and I don't know why...

Another issue is the built-in dictionary. I usually use the en-en dictionary but it lacks quite many words and does not work with different ending forms such as -ed, -ing.. etc. I hope to see the abbyy longvo dictionaries sooner. One more thing. The touch response when the dictionary function is enabled is really bad. I had to touch a word several times to see the meaing of it. Anyway, it looks like the Webster's 1913 Dictionary means it contains only 1913 words....

BTW, I am typing with IQ, lol

Last edited by katzki; 12-04-2010 at 09:59 PM.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #19
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish
tHeFiRsTiDioT began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v, Sony PRS 505, HTC Incredible, Pocketbook IQ
Anyone has a comment on the battery life with this firmware?
tHeFiRsTiDioT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
Thanks! I've been checking the update page way too often. The new firmware definitely seems zippier.

How did you find it? It's still not listed on any of the PocketBook sites as far as I can find.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the download file has EU in it so I wonder if the US version will be different somehow, if the EU is indeed referencing European firmware and not just a coincidence.
I put the link online. It will be available on homepage only monday. Our webmasters don't work on weekends. We do, obviously. Hey it's not even real work. It's fun.

You may install this version as well, of course. if there are differences between US and EU versions, they're very small
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeFiRsTiDioT View Post
Anyone has a comment on the battery life with this firmware?
Influence on battery life should be minimal to nonexistent. Maybe one of your widgets/apps is trying to be online all the time.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:51 AM   #22
jww77
jww77 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ, Archos 101 Internet Tablet
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I put the link online. It will be available on homepage only monday. Our webmasters don't work on weekends. We do, obviously. Hey it's not even real work. It's fun.

You may install this version as well, of course. if there are differences between US and EU versions, they're very small
So the firmware that just came out is the EU version?
So will the US version be out Monday?
jww77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww77 View Post
So the firmware that just came out is the EU version?
So will the US version be out Monday?
firmware that just came out is the dealer version. us and eu version will be officially available tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #24
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Out of curiosity: can you reflash the same version onto itself?
As a way to cleanup and restore to mint condition?
It would be handy after a round of testing to clean up before loading only the knnown-good apps.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #25
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Out of curiosity: can you reflash the same version onto itself?
As a way to cleanup and restore to mint condition?
It would be handy after a round of testing to clean up before loading only the knnown-good apps.
Grrmbll. Just did it. Worked fine. Was forced to, btw. I played around with the Launcher Pro option and Launcher just committed suicide.Don't ask me what i did. Backup your apps before trying this at home cause they will be gone (the apps I mean)
Old 12-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #26
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Grrmbll. Just did it. Worked fine. Was forced to, btw. I played around with the Launcher Pro option and Launcher just committed suicide.Don't ask me what i did. Backup your apps before trying this at home cause they will be gone (the apps I mean)
That is exactly the effect I wanted.
Thanks.

I keep hearing about Launcher pro; I'll have to look into it.
The one that caught my eye was vLauncher but it won't install.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #27
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish

Quote:
Heh - same here - reflashed it because of the battery hogging abilities of something I had installed.
Is there a way I can get the registration number again (had registered of bookland the first time, but did not save the reg number). I logged in to bookland, but cannot find my reg no anywhere...
Old 12-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #28
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Heh - same here - reflashed it because of the battery hogging abilities of something I had installed.
Is there a way I can get the registration number again (had registered of bookland the first time, but did not save the reg number). I logged in to bookland, but cannot find my reg no anywhere...
Find the serial number under configuration/phone info
Old 12-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
You can find the registration number in the email Bookland sent you after creating an account on their site.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #30
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish

Quote:
Find the serial number under configuration/phone info
Quote:
You can find the registration number in the email Bookland sent you after creating an account on their site
Rob - didnt get an email from bookland once I registered
mtravellerh - Don't see anything like this on the site. The IQ has already been flashed, so cant get anything from there...