Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 06:43 AM   #496
OPKOBO
OPKOBO began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Can't find .kobo folder on Kobo Glo

Hi all

I can't find the .kobo folder on my Glo. Any help much appreciated.

OP
OPKOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:12 AM   #497
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
It's a hidden folder. Depending on your OS...

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #498
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
pdflover informed us in this post that KSM 09 is running on Kobo Aura Edition 2 version 2.
Since I was surprised about this, I asked for information from the version file. But pdflover did not return to MR since then.
Can somebody confirm that KSM 09 is working on Kobo Aura Edition 2 version 2?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #499
ilovemr
ilovemr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPKOBO View Post
Hi all

I can't find the .kobo folder on my Glo. Any help much appreciated.

OP
I had the same problem yesterday. This link helped me.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263102
ilovemr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #500
enji
enji began at the beginning.

Device: NUNYA
This doesn't seem to work at all on the Forma. KSM shows up after install/reboot, but it's nonresponsive.
When nickel loads, the wifi interface can be manually enabled/disabled, but but it's unable to see or connect to any networks, which renders the whole device useless.
enji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #501
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
When i use the web interface(remote control) on my PC and i click on some links on the page such as on the check current settings it says "use is restricted to USBNet".

What does it mean? Why can i not use the remote control?

Last edited by anki; 10-23-2018 at 04:32 PM.
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #502
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enji View Post
This doesn't seem to work at all on the Forma. KSM shows up after install/reboot, but it's nonresponsive.
Thank you for informing me. Since KSM 09 does not (yet) know about the Forma, this was to be expected. It does not know which of the available touch driver to use. And it is not even clear that we have an appropriate touch driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enji View Post
When nickel loads, the wifi interface can be manually enabled/disabled, but but it's unable to see or connect to any networks, which renders the whole device useless.
Are you implying that nickel did see or connect to networks before you installed KSM?

Edit: If you want to temporarily disable KSM, rename the folder .adds/kbmenu_user to, for instance, .adds/xbkmenu_user

Last edited by tshering; 10-23-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #503
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
When i use the web interface(remote control) on my PC and i click on some links on the page such as on the check current settings it says "use is restricted to USBNet".

What does it mean? Why can i not use the remote control?
I guess you followed the "recommondations" on the first post of this thread:
Quote:
Prevent command over the device via wifi: set with "configure" the value of "[general]allowRmcViaWifi" to false.
Set the value to "true" to allow executing remote command via wifi.

Last edited by tshering; 10-23-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #504
enji
enji began at the beginning.

Device: NUNYA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Are you implying that nickel did see or connect to networks before you installed KSM?

Edit: If you want to temporarily disable KSM, rename the folder .adds/kbmenu_user to, for instance, .adds/xbkmenu_user
Correct... nickel saw and connected to networks fine before installing KSM. I did try soft-disabling KSM as you suggested, but the wireless functionality remains broken. Only a wipe/restore fixed it.
enji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #505
ello
ello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheese

Device: H2O2
Quote:
I do not think I can do it right now. But as soon as I get a chance I will prepare a test version for the H2O Edition 2 version 2.
Any update on this? Looking forward to test it
ello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #506
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ello View Post
Any update on this? Looking forward to test it
I might have a chance to look into it at the first weekend of November.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #507
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
considering a kobo device in the future. would all of them run this equally as well? or is there one that is better than others? leaning towards the forma because of its buttons
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #508
pdflover
pdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshespdflover can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2 version 2
Quote:
Sometimes it is a good thing not to read to carefully.
Thank you for telling. Could you please check something?
  • toggle to the full menu by selecting
    Code:
    toggle between full and short menu
  • navigate to the file "version" and open it:
    Code:
    tools > explore > explore kobo.msh > version
  • check the last three digits. Are they 379?
Hey I'm sorry for the delay but I just checked this. These last three digits are indeed 379!
pdflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #509
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
considering a kobo device in the future. would all of them run this equally as well? or is there one that is better than others? leaning towards the forma because of its buttons
Currently all models beginning with Kobo Touch are supported, with the exception of H2O2 version 2, and Forma. I think would not be very difficult to get KSM working on H2O2 version 2. Whether it is easily possible to get it working on Forma depends on whether one of the available touch drivers can be used.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #510
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdflover View Post
Hey I'm sorry for the delay but I just checked this. These last three digits are indeed 379!
Thank you for checking! I was non convinced that I will hear of you again.